Ludwig Classic Maples / Paiste Giant Beats / DW

Thanks again all!

areFish: You're VERY observant in noticing the low-rider. I don't know who places the logos, but I wish they weren't there! haha!

cdrums21: Thanks for that advice. I'll take the gaskets off and replace the cord, but I've heard that Bonham had a 42 strand snare wire (mine isn't). Did he?

TFITTING942: No scratches for sure!!! :)

larryz: about $2100 (shipped) at Memphis Drum Shop, but I know a place that's willing to do almost the same config for about $1700-$1800 shipped -- probably $100 or so less without the bass and tom mounts -- but you have to wait almost 6 months. PM me if you need details.

.....but I've heard that Bonham had a 42 strand snare wire (mine isn't). Did he?

He did experiment with them from time to time.....moreso later on. People think he always had one on there....not true. I've seen a couple of interviews with both Ochletree and Mick Hinton (his drum techs), with both of them saying "he experimented with Gretsch 42 strand wires" That doesn't mean they were a constant addition.

I'm guessing Bonzo liked to mix things up as much as the rest of us.

Very nice Ludwigs. If I ever decide on the configuration, mine too will probably have the bass drum mounted rack tom mount. It's very convenient and also a classy look.

Dennis

This is my exact dream cymbal set-up. Jealousy abounds.

Those drums look beautiful as well. Pure maple is nice to look at if I do say so myself.

Hope you enjoy, and if you're ever interested in selling one of those cymbals, My inbox always has a slot open... ;)

Wow, that's a gorgeous kit! Congrats!

attachment.php

Ok.
This is definitely as sexy as a drumkit can get.

Really, I'm just speechless. Congratulations man, take good care of those beauties.

Cheers

After a second look, I am surprised to see that three drums came in three boxes. They didn't stuff the tom into the floor tom. Very good to see.

After a second look, I am surprised to see that three drums came in three boxes. They didn't stuff the tom into the floor tom. Very good to see.

Yeah, my old Pearl Masters mahogany MHP kit shipped the same way -- the box for the bass drum was HUGE!

Back