Aquarium!

805Drummer

Gold Member
This has been happening to me for a while. While this word might not normally be brought up in conversation, I noticed that whenever someone mentions an aquarium, I think and say "Aquarian" instead.

I know this is a trivial matter, but does this happen to you?

I spell the word "sure" as "shure" all the time, After the microphone manufacturer. I also spell "genre" as "genera" after the drum head. No matter how many times I spell the word "rhythm" I always get it wrong!

I spell the word "sure" as "shure" all the time, After the microphone manufacturer. I also spell "genre" as "genera" after the drum head. No matter how many times I spell the word "rhythm" I always get it wrong!

omfg I don't think I've ever spelled rhythm right without spellchecking it. Its the 'h' that gets me every time. That and the word 'definitely'. Drives me nuts.

omfg I don't think I've ever spelled rhythm right without spellchecking it. Its the 'h' that gets me every time. That and the word 'definitely'. Drives me nuts.

A pirate walks into the bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

I sometimes get dyslexia and read 'Pearl' as 'Peart'. Dx

Timmdrum: Nothing like a good ole' pun once in a while. xD

I always get this one wrong:

"Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"

The fear of long words!

While not really drum related, I find that I constantly accidentally replace English words with their German equivalents:
"or" = "oder"
with = "mit"
"and" = "und"

The list goes on...

While not really drum related, I find that I constantly accidentally replace English words with their German equivalents:
"or" = "oder"
with = "mit"
"and" = "und"

The list goes on...

YES! Sometimes when I'm writing, I accidentally put "y" instead of "and," because Spanish is my first class in the morning, haha.

Whenever I want to write/type the word "even", I always start writing/typing the name "Evan" after the drum head manufacturer. Also, whenever I'm eating chicken and someone asks me if I want a drumstick, I always think of the thing you play drums with, not chicken.

Mic manufacturers must have convened on this spelling thing a la General MIDI in the 80s...

...otherwise, how would we have ended up with 'Shure' and 'Rode'?!

Back