The Best of me - No EQ test.

jmr2master1

Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well here. I haven't posted in ages (because i hadn't recorded much new stuff lol). I figured I'd have a little fun since I actually had a kit setup and had mics on it. Let me know what you all think of the playing and the sound!

The Best of Me

Thanks and Keep Drumming

I think you're at your best when grooving simply. You have such a fine touch & feel, but then you start getting bored & throwing in little bits of "flavour". Some of those bits work, some don't. Love the uplift in vibe towards the end. That's when the fills & flavours have more meaning.

As for sound, your drums are really muffled & flat. There's no tone whatsoever from your toms. Whole kit needs tuning up several notches - even for home playing, & removal of muffling rings, etc.

@kamak Thanks!

@Keep it simple. Yeah, I never really worked on 'what would be a good fill' or not. That is something I am working on. As for the drum sound, I know, I haven't tuned that kit up in years! The rack tom heads are about 10 years old, the bass drum head is at least 2. . .

Thanks for the input, I will work on those things!

Back