Please post Metal and Blast beat instructional videos

Check out Jason Bittners DVD. He's got lot's of interesting stuff on there. Way to advanced for me though. He's one of my favorite drummers. I've met him in person and he's a very nice guy as well.

DVD's I've seen that were good:

Derek Roddy - Blast Beats Evolved
George Kollias - Intense Metal Drumming
Flo Mounier - Extreme Drumming 101
Marco Minneman - Extreme Drumming
Lord Marco - Lord of the Blast (Only available on his website... www.lordmarco.com )

There's more out there, though.

If you're into hyperblast and gravity blasting - every extreme metal drummer will tell you to pick up a copy of "The Official Freehand Technique" by Johnny Rabb, which is sadly just a book at this point. I wish he'd come out with a DVD.

Last edited:
Maybe check out spikeydrummer's youtube page, he has some interesting metal/blast beats and breaks them all down into easy to understand lessons :)

buy some dvds, your get a better product. Youtube vids are great, but they are free, its a given in life that you get what you pay for and free aint worth much. Just stick your hands in your pockets and dont be such a tight ass.

sickdrummerdotcom put up quite a lot of free lessons (often with free notation) try checking them out.

buy some dvds, your get a better product. Youtube vids are great, but they are free, its a given in life that you get what you pay for and free aint worth much. Just stick your hands in your pockets and dont be such a tight ass.

some of the youtube videos mentioned in this thread are actually excerpts from the original DVD's. as for free youtube videos, there are a few channels/teachers posting high quality lessons, with 720p A/V. I'd say it's more a case of filtering out the crap.

thats exactly what i mean, was the point of filrtering out the crap, ive been watching you tube drum vids for years mate, there is a lot of crap pointless lessons on there, there are some good ones and yes a lot of them are from dvds in order to sell DVD's, its a taster. Why just have a taste???. Save yourself the time and buy a decent educational product.

because not all of them are just tasters. that was the point i was making. filtering out the crap doesn't take long, just stick to the quality channels. i'm not sure what your definition of "decent" is, but i'd say that there are a few free lesson channels which are much better than decent. multiple camera angles, etc. perhaps you are having problems utilising youtube? otherwise i can't quite see your issue with free quality videos. some of them are even online only, and not released on DVD's.

remember, this guy was specifically looking for youtube videos. i'm not sure he needs to be told to go and buy DVD's, but it seems you're intent on telling him anyway.

I prefer to spend money and get decent stuff, its sound advice as far as i am concerned. I dont care what he or she thinks they want, they may not know any better, this isnt ask and shall recieve this a forum where poeple share their views and give the best advice they can give, this mine take it or leave it.

Back