Fantastic Peter Erskine video

Peter is so centered. It was interesting and a bit of a relief to hear he normally only "transcends" in a group setting.

The graduation story was cool too. Musicians have such great stories.

Thanks Ant, keep em coming.

Man that is an awesome video-I had no idea he started so young too. His eagerness to learn from others (but then too create his own)and then pass it on as an educator himself is great. His emphasis on the interactive process of making music more so than just drumming. Thanks for posting that.

Very moving piece.... love his spirit and temperament.
It the Buddha were a drummer, he could very well be Peter Erskine.

Damn he was a cute kid at 7 on those drums too!

I think he wasn't even a teenager when he played with Stan Kenton at summer camp and then 18 when he joined his band.

Wonderful guy. Great drummer.

"Learn to listen" and then have a conversation.

Thanks for sharing that video.

That was the BEST!!!
He's one of my favorites.

Thank you for that.

My jaw is on the floor. Not often that happens when I watch a 10-minute interview of a drummer on the web. Thanks for sharing, Ants. I passed this along to my friends in music education.

O, Yea! Just dropped my kid off to study Economics at USC. Had half a mind to enroll in the Thornton School of Music, just so that I could be near Erskine.

Great post! Thanks!

My first concert I attended was Maynard Ferguson at North Texas State University in Denton, Texas. Erskine was on drums. Simply amazing.

Back