Remo Clear Vintage Emperors on Yamaha Live Custom (video)

SgtThump

Platinum Member
I'm going into the studio in 2 weeks with my band and I'm getting my set ready. Using all 2002 cymbals, with the addition of a Giant Beat ride on the right.

These drums are naturally beefy, but I wasn't quite satisfied that the coated ambassadors and clear emperors I used before were getting everything out of these powerful sounding shells. Just slapped some clear Vintage Emperors on there the other day and I think I've found some killer heads for this set!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu42qCnX-Cg

I flip flop between coated/clear, single/double ply, etc..., so who knows where I'll end up this time next month. ha ha

Nice sound! I need to try some Vintage Emps (or maybe just Clear Controlled Sounds) on my kit as well. I love the Evans single-ply clear stuff (and the Coated Ambassadors I've got right now) but it's a little too pure for my rock tastes.

Nice sound! I need to try some Vintage Emps (or maybe just Clear Controlled Sounds) on my kit as well. I love the Evans single-ply clear stuff (and the Coated Ambassadors I've got right now) but it's a little too pure for my rock tastes.

Thanks!!! I failed to mention that my original band is in the alt rock genre, so I was going for a rock tone for sure.

Back