New Truth Kit

Specs: 24x19" 10ply birch w/Starclassic spurs, Ego hoop lugs
22x17" 10ply birch " "
16x14" 6ply birch w/Pearl Iso legs
14x12" 6ply birch " "
13x7" 6ply birch
12x7" 6ply birch
S-Hoops on all toms

These pics are buried in the T vs S thread but they deserve their own thread imo.

Attachments

• Truth 12 1 (Medium).jpg
    Truth 12 1 (Medium).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 846
  • Truth Full ft 4 (Medium).jpg
    Truth Full ft 4 (Medium).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 709
  • Truth Full ft 3 (Medium).jpg
    Truth Full ft 3 (Medium).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 829
  • Truth Full ft 2 (Medium).jpg
    Truth Full ft 2 (Medium).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 721
  • Truth birch 2 (Medium).jpg
    Truth birch 2 (Medium).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 713
  • Truth Birch 1 (2) (Medium).jpg
    Truth Birch 1 (2) (Medium).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 767
  • Truth 13x7a (Medium).jpg
    Truth 13x7a (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 919
  • Truth 12 2 (Medium).jpg
    Truth 12 2 (Medium).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 737
  • Full set 1 (Medium) (2).jpg
    Full set 1 (Medium) (2).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 703
  • Full set 1 (Medium).jpg
    Full set 1 (Medium).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 705
  • Bass Drum Close up.jpg
    Bass Drum Close up.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 709
Wow, that is one of the most beautiful naturally finished kits I've ever seen. Lovely veneer on those drums. So do you play them as 2 different sets, or mix n match a lot?

Wow, that is one of the most beautiful naturally finished kits I've ever seen. Lovely veneer on those drums. So do you play them as 2 different sets, or mix n match a lot?

Thank you. Yeah, 2 separate kits, mix n' match.

I love Truth kits, but I gotta say yours has to be one of the cleanest, classiest ones I've seen. I love seeing crazy graphics, but it's nice to see something simple and clean.

Thumbs up for your kit!

Once again, you gotta love that Truth finish job :D I want one soooo bad!

Very nice kit by the way! Congrats

any sound clips? what do you think of those keller birch shells??

Truth actually does not use Keller Shells. . .just F.Y.I. . . .
Beautiful Kit tho!!!. . I just picked up the all Walnut Kit with natural Finish. . Love every second of it. . . God Bless

What's the 24x19 sound like?
I play a 24x18 ddrum, just curious what that extra inch does to sound.

Killer kit by the way.

Man not a huge difference in sound between an 18-19" depth. But it does however fit into a standard SKB 24x18" case with about 1/2" to spare. That 1/2" allows me to lay an extra BD head on the front hoop for in town stuff. I can do that without damaging the extra head because of the Ego hoop lugs. Very cool feature that I had no idea I could do until after I received the kit.

Truth actually does not use Keller Shells. . .just F.Y.I. . . .
Beautiful Kit tho!!!. . I just picked up the all Walnut Kit with natural Finish. . Love every second of it. . . God Bless

Mine is Keller shelled. The toms are paper thin almost. When you set the shell on a counter, turn off all the lights and put a flashlite inside the light shines thru the shell. It's 6 ply.

I had a 6 ply 24x20" birch originally. IMO the shell was too flimsy and it was all attack with no boom. I flipped it immediately because it didn't have THE sound and opted for a 10ply 24x19". That made all the difference. Now I've got all the attack still but with a hard boom that just absolutely fills a live iso booth with pressure.

The 22x17" fits perfectly in a standard 22x16" SKB case, which increases which cars I can put it into.

The 24x19" so far has had to be carted with a Tuxedo 24x16" bag, which fits perfectly by the way. That's about to change this weekend with the purchase of a CRV.

I just received a Truth walnut 5.5" snare with birch re-rings and it sounds killer. I took the stock snares off and put on Puresound twisters.

Attachments

• Truth Walnut Snare.jpg
    Truth Walnut Snare.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Truth walnut S hoop.jpg
    Truth walnut S hoop.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Truth walnut re rings (2).jpg
    Truth walnut re rings (2).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Truth walnut inside.jpg
    Truth walnut inside.jpg