Creative and cheap ways to wrap drums?

Arivera3

Hey everyone, I got a really cheap SoundPercussion drumset from a friend and I was thinking of re-wrapping it because the current glossy black wrap is in terrible condition. What are some cheap or creative ways you guys have wrapped drums? I've heard of some people using fabrics from craft stores, but I'd like to see what ideas everyone has.

I would suggest you go deer hunting. You can save the meat in your freezer and use the pelts for a nice furry drum wrap. Cow might work too. Just kidding. What Jeff said...I'm gonna try the Sparkle Brite myself.

Not exactly wraps, but...

- Bumper stickers!
- Bad 60's wallpaper
- Baseball cards (on printed sheets, of course)
- Playboy covers (on printed sheets, of course)
- Shattered glass
- Rhino Liner
- Random-direction-tape-and-spraycan (i.e. Eddie Van Halen guitars)
- Chicken wire
- Barbed Wire!

and my favorite...

The reforged swords of 1,000 defeated enemies, ala "The Iron Throne"

Attachments

• Iron Throne.jpg
    Iron Throne.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 4,901
Not exactly wraps, but...

- Bumper stickers!
- Bad 60's wallpaper
- Baseball cards (on printed sheets, of course)
- Playboy covers (on printed sheets, of course)
- Shattered glass
- Rhino Liner
- Random-direction-tape-and-spraycan (i.e. Eddie Van Halen guitars)
- Chicken wire
- Barbed Wire!

and my favorite...

The reforged swords of 1,000 defeated enemies, ala "The Iron Throne"

Rhino liner would look awesome! The swords would be awesome too, but I've only defeated 999 enemies.

Spectra chrome can be appealing, all colours in the spectrum appear, not a lot of light needed for that razzle dazzle look. The sound may change. Good luck with it.

hell, if it were me… i'd just lightly spray paint them. not sure about improvised wraps though... sorry to go off topic.

I'm notorious for buying individual used drums that don't match and eventually wrapping them to match. One time I simply used wood grained contact paper and from a distance it looked
plenty good enough. Just 3 weeks ago I was reading about the cheapness factor of using
ducttape ON THIS WEBSITE and began to think maybe I should upgrade from my silverish
look....I found some brown vinyl on sale at a fabric store that was moving and got it for cheap.
Some thought went into gluing or not...I ended up using double sided thin carpet tape (looks
like scotch tape thickness) so I could remove it later. (I did remove the duct tape first). I wish
I had a photo handy to upload but don't right now. It turned out just fine!

Have you thought of fabric?

I recovered a cheap set with fabric. Check out the Tiki Set link below. It's a cocktail kit and I got some funky fabric from Spoonflower.com. This is quite a bit more work than a vinyl wrap but you can get something really customized and remarkable by going with fabric.

Back