Pat Petrillo "Learn to Read Rhythms, Better"

jasonrhcp

Hey guys

I got Pat's new DVD a month or so ago, after hearing and seeing so much about it..
To preface..., my reading is pretty decent, although certain dotted rhythms and syncopation were always unclear for me..so, I figured let me give it try..

Well..not only are those issues TOTALLY cleared, but I can read stuff easier, and faster than before..It's really pretty cool how he does it, using the on screen graphics with a pointer..like a play along for reading..the visual learning combined with the ear training did it..

So, then the hard stuff came, and after a few go arounds, I was reading it pretty fluently..the mp3's and the print out pdfs helped too.

Anyone else tried it, or experienced it? There are times when the arrow jumps a bit unevenly, and the audio is abit unbalanced (to nitpick) but the minor flaws are MORE than made up with the fact that I really can read better! I can go over things a bunch till I get it.

Way to go Pat, and thanks for this!
Jason

PS..I found a trailer on the web...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5tRPm4DuZc

I have a copy as well and I find it helpfull, I too was confused about the dotted notes and this has cleared it up for me. Now I just need to finish it.

hey Jason!

Thanks for checkin it out, and I'm happy it is working for you! I think you will notice the more you hear the rhythms as you play along, the better your timing will get in general..

I appreciate the support, and I look to hear from anyone else who has LTRRB as well. It was a labour of love, and Alfred Music is now bringing it worldwide.

....and 2B as well! Happy the Dotted Rhythm section has cleared it up..it's my fav! Keep at it, and get to the odd time stuff, too :)

...and moon!! Thanks, and rock that P4!! :)

Cool, Pat...I'm workin on the Syncopation section..brilliant.., almost done..then on to TRIPLETS! not looking forward to the half note triplet section, as I peek ahead :)

C ya
J

Hi Jeff!

Thanks, and I think you will see the progressive nature of it, and it may be the main thing you use!...Give me your address, I will gladly send you one!
Pat

Hi Jeff!

Thanks, and I think you will see the progressive nature of it, and it may be the main thing you use!...Give me your address, I will gladly send you one!
Pat

Pat,

Thanks for the offer. I sent you my address in a PM. I look forward to checking it out. From the previews, it looks great! And the price is not much more than a method book.

Jeff

Got it Jeff, will do!

and YES, the price is right...and considering it's like 4 books in one WITH mp3's of each example and video demonstration, it's a steal..Teaching reading has never been done before like this. It's designed for the teacher who needs a reading method, OR a student to teach themselves to learn at their own pace by watching the DVD play alongs.

All the best
Pat

I recently worked through about 80% of LTRRB, and i've learned to comfortably recognize and play many note variations. This DVD/book is a great teaching aide.

Three points i'd like to mention:
1. Full benefit from the exercises must be done with a metronome. This will further enhance your music reading and timing.
2. LTRRB is worth every penny. My private drum lessons cost me 20 bucks for a half hour. Because I taught myself to read music w/ this product, I was able to focus on other drumming aspects, like technique, during my lessons instead of reading.
3. I'm currently transcribing some of my favorite beats, and it's nice to know exactly how they break down. Now that I know the notation, I can practice my licks with a metronome--making them sound even better.

Thanks Pat!

Great ordinaryH!! SO glad it's helping you, and you are getting those rhythms DOWN!! It's really for all levels, and the response has been awesome, and I'm happy to help so many drummers get comfortable reading!

If you get a minute, please review it on Amazon, I would appreciate it

Keep me posted on your progress!!!
PAt

This is the best reading resource that I have seen. I have been struggling to read complex sheet music without success. This DVD and the way it is presented is perfect - 5 stars!!!! I will now be able to utilize all those books I have laying around that frustrated me previously. If you are wanting to read drum music, this DVD will teach you.

Hey thanks CSNOW! Glad you dig it, and I appreciate the support...Chaos, hope you get it soon!!!
Pat

Hey Guys

Just want to spread the word..

I got the great news today the GUITAR CENTER ordered 500 copies of "Learn to Read Rhythms, Better" for the entire chain! Now, you will find it on your local GC shelves in a week or two!! First run is OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT! Thanks everyone! More comin'!

Also, check May issue of MD for the review....4 Stars..but I'll take it :)

Thanks to you all for making it so successful !
Pat

Back