Best purchases you've made for drums.

an audio recorder. whenever i play a new beat i like, i record it promptly. this way i never worry about forgetting those unexpected gems.

In all seriousness, I'd have to say Pro-Mark stick wrap. It stopped the blisters and thick callouses in addition to solving my stick dropping problem.

I've improved on the stick wrap though. I have a pair of my prototype 5As and they feel better than anything I've ever used. It's better than dipped or wrapped sticks. I can't say exactly what it is because that is intellectual property. I'm using the crap out of them though and I never drop a stick (well hardly ever)... ha ha!

That Gibralter drink cozy looks cool and useful.

The best purchases I've made!

One of them is definitely my Yamaha Steve Jordan snare drum &...
This one may seem silly but I'd have to go with Trick Drum Polish!

All my beloved Paistes.

One of my best ever purchases was an AAX Stage Ride, normally about £220 discounted to £126.
I got it home and played it next to my 35 year old Paiste Heavy Jazz Rock, realised how good the Paiste was, packed the AAX back in the box it came in, sent it back and got a full refund :)

I have a pair of my prototype 5As and they feel better than anything I've ever used. It's better than dipped or wrapped sticks. I can't say exactly what it is because that is intellectual property. I'm using the crap out of them though and I never drop a stick (well hardly ever)... ha ha!
I've seen those, as far as I understand it helps maintain grip but it doesn't affect the weight as much as stick wraps?

My Zildjian K 22" Dark Medium Ride. Perfect for EVERYTHING. All my other rides have been in their cases since I bought this baby a year and half ago.

I agree with you on the Roc-N-Soc i purchased one after playing on a 71' Rogers throne for 30+ years between that & my Zildjian "Crash of Doom"..I love that cymbal..lol

The Roc-N-Soc actually gave me more stamina I didn't. get tired as quick.....really..lol

Bonzolead

Thanks for that, one more push for me, still have not jumped into a good throne. But more stamina is enticing, after 90 minutes in the practice room my butt is toast.

Thanks for that, one more push for me, still have not jumped into a good throne. But more stamina is enticing, after 90 minutes in the practice room my butt is toast.
It took me a while also to get one but it's the best 1 item I ever purchased..it makes sence through if you're not comfortable you're playing WILL suffer I wished I would've got one years prior.

Keep swattin'
Bonzolead

I've seen those, as far as I understand it helps maintain grip but it doesn't affect the weight as much as stick wraps?

I don't know how you saw my prototype 5As since there is only 1 pair. I usually play a 747 rock or recently Extreme 5AN. I like the extra weight from the length, but I only used the shorter 5As for my pair. It's not heavier than a wrapped stick. Weight-wise, it's about the same as a dipped stick. I got a guy who can help me make a few pair. We'll see how it goes.

For me was getting my Sonor 3007 which I ended up paying $140 for.
Long story short, saw the kit for sale along with Racket drum cases for all drums(10, 12, 14, 20), Sabian Cymbal bags for 16, 18, 20" crashes and 14" hats, Sabian AA hats and Crash, Vintage 70/60's Zildjian Avedis 22" Ride, All original hardware and extra boom stand, Pearl Piccolo 13" Snare and some other little extras for $850.

I talked the guy down in price $800, sold my Yamaha stage custom advantage and the Sabian cymbals since I already have Twenty's (Kept the Avedis Ride). After everything was said and done I recovered $660.

Best $140 dollars I spent!

The other thing I absolutely love are Zildjian Birch Laminate sticks, heavy jazz version. They are like 5A's but heavier, and the laminate finish give me a little extra grip. Best sticks I've tried so far after going through a few.

I don't know how you saw my prototype 5As since there is only 1 pair. I usually play a 747 rock or recently Extreme 5AN. I like the extra weight from the length, but I only used the shorter 5As for my pair. It's not heavier than a wrapped stick. Weight-wise, it's about the same as a dipped stick. I got a guy who can help me make a few pair. We'll see how it goes.

ah.. :I must have been thinking about something else.

For me,it has to be my Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide hi-hat stand. Its very easy to adjust,and always stands strong and sturdy.The rotating legs are especially useful when utilising a double pedal,too.

High on my list has to be my Tama Rhythm Watch. I dont think there is a time when I'm NOT using it. Simple,Useful,easily adjustable and programmable. I would reccomend buying a DC 9V power supply for the Rhythm Watch though,it goes through batteries really quickly!

Daniel

Rolling hardware case. Best feature? Wheels. Self-explanatory.

DV016_Jpg_Large_541767_handle_out.jpg

Tune-Bot. Coolest device. Love it...

Just made tuning my whole set easier and more accurate than my own skills.

Lessons are what has made a big difference to me.

Also, our sofa.
The pillows on it are great to practice on.

1) Drum lessons with a pro drummer.

2) Boss DB 30 Metronome

3) Interface and mics for recording myself. Damn, that was a good investment. Every musician should be able to record themselves.

Cheers.

Back