Sabian Omni

F

Fishgopop007

Today I picked up this bad boy from the local music store! I was rather impressed with this cymbal in the music store and decided that the unique qualities and sounds it produced meant that it was worth buying. I got it home and oh wow!..I know that it's not everyones cup of tea but this cymbal is absolutely incredible in my opinion. It has a lovely crash to it thats very full sounding. The bell on it is lovely and defined but not overwhelming. The inside half of the cymbal has a lovely definition to it with slight overtones, and the outside edge is also a lovely section to ride on for a more washy feel.

Overall I'd give this cymbal a 9/10 as the only fault I can find with it was the fact that the label was annoying to remove!

George

Attachments

• DSC_0506.jpg
    DSC_0506.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 1,875
I have a few of the Sabian prototypes of this style cymbal. They are by far some of the most versatile sounding cymbals - they have the best crash wash sound you can find.

If you want to take the logo off - find out what the ink is made of - then find out what dissolves it. Don’t try to polish or scrape it off

Yes it is, I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be there or not. Theres quite a few more on the back and I can only assume that they came from the dealer. They don't bother me in the slightest though as I physically cant feel them when I run my finger over them.

George.

I just ordered a 20" Omni prototype from eBay. So excited! My 2nd Sabian cymbal. I've got the 21" holy china as well. This is a fantastic cymbal imo. Great to counter my other ride which is the total opposite of the Omni... Zildjian 20" z custom power ride.

I fancy a Holy China at some point, they're top notch cymbals! I feel that at the moment Sabian is quite simply making better cymbals than Zildjian is, even though I have a set of older Zildjian K's :)

You'll be dead happy with it! Be interesting to hear a difference between the 20" and the 22", I imagine that the 20" will be much higher in terms of pitch. But if it's a prototype then I might be wrong! Enjoy it whatever!

George.

I loved the 18" Omni when I played it, not so much the 22" tho, but that's just me. I would fancy buying the 18 at some point, it would be a trashy compliment to my bright 2002 and A custom crashes.

Haven't played the 18" but I've heard that it's very high pitched, might tempted for one of those along the lines as well if it's just as diverse :)

George.

It's my opinion too that the 18" Omni sounds very high in pitch. If I were to buy either one, it would have to be the 22" cymbal.

Dennis

I found one of these yesterday whilst on a bit of a road trip! had a quick tap of it and i quite like it, If one came up used i'd definitely pick one up.

TM

It's gunna take me a while to really get to grips with it, but I'm loving it so far! :)

George.

Back