Upcoming Concerts You Will Be Attending

Macarina

Silver Member
Australian Pink Floyd - Oct 4, 2014

These guys have been coming through town roughly once a year. About 5 years ago I've made the pilgrimage to see the show. It is truly a fantastic entertaining show. I cannot speak highly enough of these guys. If you are remotely a Floyd fan, this is a must see.

Going to be a great fall!

King Crimson - 9/26 Chicago (Mastelotto, Harrison, Rieflin)
Stick Men - 10/24 Cleveland (Mastelotto)
Steve Hackett - 12/3 Cleveland (O'Toole)
Adrian Belew Power Trio - 12/21 Cincinnati (Ralph)

Seeing the first band I remember listening to as a toddler, Dishwalla, in Montclair, NJ with Stroke 9, Nine Days, and The English Beat next Friday the 19th. After that, Judas Priest in Allentown, PA on October 15th, and Live in NYC on October 22nd.

Roger McGuinn
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Who
Buena Vista Social Club

Really. My local venue where I saw Weird Al and his drummer, has all but priced me out of seeing more than one show a year. So I have to pick wisely. Weird Al was a no brainer. (said for the benefit of the drummer)

Joe Bonamassa. Tomorrow!

Robbie Williams, Sept 27.

Robbie Williams? Where are you? Not the states I'm guessing. I'm a huge fan. One of the artist on my bucket list to see.

Bonammassa is nothing to sneeze at either. Just a whole different kind of show.

Gonna watch HBC in a month. Scott Henderson, Jeff Berlin and Dennis Chambers at a small'ish venue. I'm probably gonna scream like a 14 year old fan-girl at a Bieber concert.

I'm waiting for Dirty Loops to come to Virginia... yeah, like that's ever gonna happen.

Once in a blue moon I make it back to my old haunts in DC and stop into a favorite dining spot and listen to the Strolling Strings go from table to table and play love songs. That's so very, very nice.

Last edited:
Mötley Crüe November 19 Calgary, AB. VIP tickets

Terry Bozzio will be coming to LA to play a couple shows on October 25th & 26th. Can't say for sure if I'm going. You reminded me that I need to get a ticket soon.

Robbie Williams? Where are you? Not the states I'm guessing. I'm a huge fan. One of the artist on my bucket list to see.

Bonammassa is nothing to sneeze at either. Just a whole different kind of show.

I'm in Sydney.

Bonamassa - who my phone insists should be Mohandas - is for me. Williams is for my family, but i'm sure i'll enjoy it all the same.

Terry Bozzio will be coming to LA to play a couple shows on October 25th & 26th. Can't say for sure if I'm going. You reminded me that I need to get a ticket soon.

I was supposed to go to the Bozzio concert this Friday in Toronto, but a work commitment is forcing me to bail. :(

Really wanted to see that crazy kit in action.

Little Big Town - next week
Gaelic Storm - October
Joe Bonamassa - November (probably)

Yeah, I know. More than a few genres represented here.

I'm debating seeing the new King Crimson when they come to L.A. on the 30th. I'm sure it will be a musical spectacle, but I read where they're not playing the 80s hits that I know and love, but are sticking with the older material, while great, is not the King Crimson I discovered. But the idea of three drummers in front with the melodic line behind them sounds intriguing.

Adrian Belew is coming to town to play at the small McCabe's Guitar Shop in November and that one has sold out! Grrr......

Bo:

I, too, am disappointed that Adrian is not part of the KC2014 lineup. He is the perfect foil for Fripp and does a great job connecting with the audience, beyond his incredible music making talent. Ade is also disappointed, at least that is the vibe we got talking to him last month, but is staying positive and channeling his energies into FLUX and his Power Trio. Being a big fan of that era Crim, I hope you can somehow score tickets to a date on his upcoming tour. He is playing with particular fire these days and is of course covering some of those Crim tunes. Plus, Tobias and Julie are MONSTERS!

All the reports I am getting from fellow campers from the first week of KC2014 touring is this is not a show to miss under any circumstances.

Back