D Railed

baz

Silver Member
...Forgive me Death Metal Conga.

I added a rail mount to my white marine pearl dubs.

I had to modify the Gibralter as it was too tall. I used various DW cymbal and snare stand parts for the tom arm assembly. I also used the air vent hole as one of the rail mount holes, which meant I only had to drill one hole in the bass drum.

I ordered the DW rail mount, which means that I will have to drill another hole in the bass drum. The spacing hole to hole on the DW mount is shorter than the spacing on the Gibralter. At least I will get my air vent back.

Love those Premier die cast hoops.

Barry

Nice. Those hoops are pretty interesting, personally I like the look of big die-cast hoops but those give a subtler effect.

Yeah, a buddy of mine just cut down a DW rail consolette because it was "too tall". He said it was a real b**** to do. Funny what we drummers do because 1 1/2" of pipe annoy's us.

It looks cool, but compared to old rail mounts, newer ones look silly

...As far as the vintage rail mounts go, I see a lot of them around, mostly with stripped nuts from overtightening . I like them on larger bass drums and will admit that they do look a lot cleaner than these new monstrosities. However, if I have to decide between functionality and looks, I will go for the former.

barry

Yeah, a buddy of mine just cut down a DW rail consolette because it was "too tall". He said it was a real b**** to do. Funny what we drummers do because 1 1/2" of pipe annoy's us.

...I will have to cut the DW arm down too.

I checked out a kit at my fave drum shop that has the DW rail mount. It looks like it will be a bit of a b**** .

Barry

Really good job, looks professional to me. The finish on the kit is great as well.

Tom

very very nice bro. I love that d rail Idea. i look to maybe buy meself one. Congrats :D

That's exactly the same problem I have - The Gibraltar railmount is to tall!

And your solution look GREAT!

Can you please tell me more detailed what parts you have used? That would be a big help.

And - is your solution stable and sturdy enough?

Thanks

Can you please tell me more detailed what parts you have used? That would be a big help.

Thanks

I don't know if they'll respond since the thread is almost four years old.

Dennis

Thanks

...Hello Peter.

I got your PM. Now that I know what you were reffering to I will go down to my frankendrum lab and see if I can cobble the L arm mount for some pictures.

Barry

Ohh. Sorry,

I was off course reffering to your modern drummer post - and thanks for your reply.

Pictures of the parts would be awesome, and some kind of note about what kind of parts, or where they're from would be perfect.

Have a nice day.

Peter W.

Back