Any punk drummers that anyone likes?

forgive me, i dont really remember their names, but the dude on the Refused album "The Shape of Punk to Come" is a punk drummer with jazz chops and he's absolutely killer on that record.

the drummer for Strung Out. ditto Snapcase. Bill Stevenson with ALL and the Descendents.
Mark Trombino for Drive Like Jehu. and the first Lagwagon drummer. all killer.

derek grant is soo underated it makes me sad. the guy is amazing. just watching him play is fun. and he can sing like a beast. great drummer

My favorite punk drummer who is in a metal band... (strange)

- Jeremy Colson - Steve Vai

Aww! why did i just now find this thread. The guy in my picture (Dave Raun-Lagwagon) is awesome. other favorites are:
Brooks Wackermann-Bad Religion
Derrick Plourde-Lagwagon,R.I.P played the craziest single pedal ever.
Erik Sandin-NOFX
Byron McMackin-Pennywise
Neil Hennessy-The Lawrence Arms

definately josh freese. i like the drummer for buzzcocks too (his name anyone?), and sublime. anyone listened to much frenzal rhomb? aussie band. i think they've had a few drummers, a couple of 'em are great.

can't say i'm at all a fan of tre cool from greenday or travis barker. .

LP from yellowcard
Drummer from Television
That Alkaline Trio guy is also pretty good

i also think tre cool is a good punk drummer............ yeah, i said it :eek:.
His dookie stuff...insomiac... stuff is just good punk drumming

Who was the old Suicide Machines drummer, that dude was like Josh Freese and Travis Barker meets Sublime. All the drummers mentioned are greats, i also like Ty Smith from Bullets and Octane and THe Black Presidents

Who was the old Suicide Machines drummer, that dude was like Josh Freese and Travis Barker meets Sublime. All the drummers mentioned are greats, i also like Ty Smith from Bullets and Octane and THe Black Presidents

I believe the old Suicide Machines drummer was Derek Grant, who currently drums for Alkaline Trio.

any one now of biffy clyro i love them and there drummer ben johnston is amazing

Neil Hennessy-The Lawrence Arms
Erik Sandin- Nofx
The guy from propagandhi, I forget his name though.

Back