1st gig with new band--smoked it!

Concrete Pete

Hey crew,

It's really late (about 3:00 AM), just got back (and finished unpacking all the drums and stuff) from my 1st gig with my new band (Loose Change), and we practically burned down the house! Did a 4 hour gig, had to do about 6 songs extra for encores, and we blew the doors offa the place!

Not too bad, considering I hadda learn 3/4 of the songs after 4 rehearsals in a 1-1/2 week period.

Life is good- yeah, it really is! This band is totally professional, and full of DAMN GOOD musicians ('cept for me!)

Rock forever,
C. P.

Way to go, Pete! There's no better feeling in the world than that! That's why we do it! Rock on, and may there be many more!

Nice one CP. That's what we put the hours in for. I can feel the buzz you got from that. Must have been something special for you to be sad enough to post this at 3.00am!!! Hahaha. Joking of course. Great to hear and makes me look forward even more to my next gig!

...good on ya Pete.

I am a little envious. You learned four hours worth of songs in a week and a half, I am struggling with twelve songs that I have to nail in the next three weeks. We are practicing twice a week, so I have no excuse.

Once again, congrats on losing your new band virginity.

Barry

...good on ya Pete.

I am a little envious. You learned four hours worth of songs in a week and a half, I am struggling with twelve songs that I have to nail in the next three weeks. We are practicing twice a week, so I have no excuse.

Once again, congrats on losing your new band virginity.

Barry

Well done Pete and I bet you are up to it Baz! I hope it is not a premature Grey Cup celebration! Go Riders Go!

GJS

Good one, Pete. I imagine you were feeling pretty under the pump during the 1 1/2 weeks! When I was playing keys with a band I had to learn an hour's worth of music to help out drumming with a scratch band for a one-off gig with zero rehearsals. There was a pro guitarist and a heavy-gigging keys player in the lineup so I didn't want to mess it up for them. I was feeling the pressure with a lot fewer songs than you played.

SIX encore songs!

Re: 1st gig with new band--smoked it! PICS

Hey Crew,

Wow, I just logged into my new band's website, and they already have the pics up from last night! WOOO HOOO!
There's a slideshow on the home page of it, or you can click on "pics', and then on "Quackers" to see them. Take a look at our drop-dead gorgeous keyboardist/singer Stephanie before you take a look at my ugly self. (the geezer on drums!)

http://www.myspace.com/loosechangex5

Hey, thanks for all the kudos and support--it helped. There's a few of our songs on the website, but with the OLD drummer in them.

Looks like we're suddenly booked pretty good around Butte County, and the best one will be at LaSalles- that's the hardest gig to get around here, and once you play there you can play in bar around these parts!

Life sure is sweet sometimes...

Cheers,
C. P.

Re: 1st gig with new band--smoked it! PICS

Take a look at our drop-dead gorgeous keyboardist/singer Stephanie before you take a look at my ugly self. (the geezer on drums!)
C. P.

You're right CP. I wouldn't climb over her to get to you!!

Great pictures and you can see everyone's having a ball. Got to be honest though and say your kit set up is very close to the entrance criteria for "Tom Angles"!!!

Congrats on the great gig! I'm glad it went so well for you! That's really always a great feeling, no matter how often you feel it.

Where's the smokin' hot chick, though? The keyboardist? Meh. I think I'd rather the drummer, myself!

Back