Any other 'Vistalite-as-your-main-kit' players?

Morbid Koala

I know there will always be people who like collecting Vistalites but do any of you guys play out on a regular basis with you kits? Any upgrades or new hardware on your shells? It's so funny...at every show someone always says to me 'you have to be careful with those, they're fragile'.

After seeing all the Chinese crap that gets sold today, I'll take the Pepsi challenge that my shell is probably more durable than some Catalina shell.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there were any active Vistalite users out there.

Cheers

Hate to burst your bubble but my catalina maple shell is structurally stronger than your vistalite shell...your vistalites are probably great drums, and if you take care of them should last forever. I take it that you are taking very good care of them, because you are gigging with them. When gigging I treat my drums as if they are made out of fine crystal and they don't get a scratch on them.

It is when I am at home that crap always seems to happen.

GET US SOME PICTURES OF THEM

Hate to burst your bubble but my catalina maple shell is structurally stronger than your vistalite shell...your vistalites are probably great drums, and if you take care of them should last forever. I take it that you are taking very good care of them, because you are gigging with them. When gigging I treat my drums as if they are made out of fine crystal and they don't get a scratch on them.

It is when I am at home that crap always seems to happen.

GET US SOME PICTURES OF THEM

Yeah, I think I was exaggerating just a tad on that. But yeah, all the myths about their durability are just myths. Treat a drum good and it'll do it back.

For 25+ years I "did" gig with clear Luddie Vista's. Had 14 drums in my herd. Sold them off, for more than I paid for any of them, or traded them, so "collectors" could enjoy them. And yeah, treat 'em like you'd treat any high dollar kit, they'll last forever (or at least a really long time).

Back