Bare Feet, Socks or Shoes?

Re: Drumming Shoes

Get a flat insoled shoe. I think these are the best type of shoe for drumming. It lets you feel the pedal easlily and you can get good speed with a flat footed shoe. For example: an old pair of Converses. ( or new pair, whitch are called one star shoes. ) Whitch i belive are around 40$ to buy new! I know alot of drummers who wear converses. Also Jojo Mayer wears these to!!

- John

Attachments

• lg3t191blk.jpg
    lg3t191blk.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 850

I wear Chuck Taylor's when I play and they work fine. The flat, heavy sole makes it a great drumming shoe IMO.

I wear wrestling shoes without having the top real tight. This works better than anything else I have worn; next to no shoes with a towel oever the pedals.

Interesting topic. I played so many years in dress shoes that when I tried any kind of athletic shoe they felt really weird to me. Something comfy about being able to control the slide of the foot with leather on the pedals. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

Re: socks? barefoot? shoe?

only socks, my favourite are white socks :)

Those really bendable Nike shoes might be a good thing to check out. They have really thin, extremely bendable soles. Theyre pretty durable too, since theyre made for running.

A pair of socks with some anti-slip stuff on them works great for me. Ur feet also don't get cold that way.

Drum progressive has got it down i use bare feet but my feett do get cold. and my new pearl pedal has more metal on the the pedal so my feet get colder than before good thing i got my base bord heater near my throne i just swivel aroud and warm up my feet ;)

playing bare foot is not very nice for me, its a feeble excuse, but the bass pedal is cold!! so i play in socks, playing in socks is so much easier i feel relaxed, if it wasnt cold, i wud play in bare foot. ne1 no of a heated bass pedal????????

Re: Anybody use the DB Groove Shoe?

Perky said:
I hear they are much better than playing in dress shoes
The notion of a dedicated drum shoe has always sounded a little bit like a racket to me. How about a special drumming shirt, or underpants specially padded for drum throne comfort? Nah, play in something relatively light that feels comfortable. Sneakers fit the bill as far as I am concerned. No shoe will replace good technique, and even a clunky shoe can't hide good technique. Cheers, DPS

Re: Anybody use the DB Groove Shoe?

I wouldnt want to change every time I play. I would thing my technique would have to change along with my shoes. Not a good idea, in my opinion.

Shoes to wear for playing bass drum

What kind of shoes to wear to play bass drum? I am thinking cycling(bike) shoes. Does it make sense?

Re: Shoes to wear for playing bass drum

I guess it would all depend how far I had to march with said bass drum. I remember doing a 7 mile parade carring quads (heavier than a bass drum) and I wish I had some cross trainers on. I'd suggest a comfortable shoe. Make sure it breathes too.

Or are talking about drum set? I play barefooted or with socks. I'd bet something like ballet shoes would be good. People might look at you funny, but...

bersoy said:
What kind of shoes to wear to play bass drum? I am thinking cycling(bike) shoes. Does it make sense?

Re: Shoes to wear for playing bass drum

Any shoes should do man.
maybe if you have big skateing shoes that are like boats and are open maybe bot, but any runner of sneaker should do grand

Bare foot but sometimes my pedal gets cold so my feet get cold as well so i put socks on but i am not as fast i have only played shoes on a gig ad i wasnt really paying attention to my shoes ! lol

My parents have never allowed shoes in the house so I had no choice but to play in socks. You have more freedom without shoes.

Back