mapex vavona burlwood snare

toughers87

hi there, i have a mapex vavona burlwood snare drum that i have owned since new as a gift for my 18th to add to my drum kit. shortly after i developed arthritus in my knees so could no longer play so sold the kit but kept the snare. the snare has been kept in a case and stored since. i had intended on keeping the drum in the unlikely event i should start to play again but as im now 25 married with kids i cant see it happening so i have made the decision to perhaps sell it. i am very aware of the rarity of this drum and also the beauty of it and the sound and will not part lightly. if anyone on here would be interested on making any offers on the drum or any idea where the best place to sell such a rare sought after drum would be, help would be greatly appreciated. you can contact me on [email protected].

These drums are not that rare or sought after. they are a nice middle of the road, well built drum, but I doubt it's worth much more than £170-£200 and maybe not even that, even in very good condition. even new they weren't much more than that, although that said, they are a gorgeous drum.

These drums are not that rare or sought after. they are a nice middle of the road, well built drum, but I doubt it's worth much more than £170-£200 and maybe not even that, even in very good condition. even new they weren't much more than that, although that said, they are a gorgeous drum.

£450 new, i would imagine that 200 ever built in the world is rare especially when a quarter of them (50) if you cant do maths was allocated to the usa. when people are trying to sell something mate, especially something that means a great deal to them! coming in and writing some cocky i know everything comment on it when i was politely asking for advice is a bit rude

£450 new, i would imagine that 200 ever built in the world is rare especially when a quarter of them (50) if you cant do maths was allocated to the usa. when people are trying to sell something mate, especially something that means a great deal to them! coming in and writing some cocky i know everything comment on it when i was politely asking for advice is a bit rude

I'm failing to see how what was posted was rude or condescending. What do you value the drum as?

Incidentally, I was going through Sturry the other day. Nice place.

not sure what its valued at, was hoping to get some advice, been out the world of drumming for so long, sturry is a nice place. apologies i must have got the wrong impression on the comment

If it was £450 new then now you could probably sell it for around £350-375. Unfortunately it's not old enough and not sought-after enough to have appreciated in value but with the right item description (e.g. selling it as a 'rare' drum) then you can probably get a decent price for it. They're very good snares but sadly not hugely valuable.

You ask for advice and then shoot the messenger! Advice is just that, you don't have to take it. 200 in the world is scarce not rare and the drum is only worth what someone is willing to pay. It's an old style black panther with a nice veneer finish, therefore I would suggest that it's worth what I said initially. If it were a straight mainstream model I would have said £125-150 as that's about as much as they generally make on ebay and the like.

If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!

Back