thought i'd try to make everyone a little jealous

moe.ron

Silver Member
i haven't been on drummerworld in a while, i've been doing that whole college thing for the last year 1/2 so i haven't had much time but thats not the point

i thought i would tell you guys that when i graduated high school, my teacher gave me one of the most incredible gifts ever. its a zildjian A series splash from the late 30s or early 40s that is actually signed by armand...how insane is that!? i don't have any pics of it since i didn't bring it to school with me but once i get home i will...i just wanted you whet everyones appetite

That's great, but my girlfriend flirting with other guys makes me jealous.

You owning a vintage cymbal signed by an historically significant cymbal-smith doesn't really make me that jealous.

I guess I've always been one who goes by sound rather than value.

Not jealous, but that is one of the best drum related gifts you could get ! Lucky you

Tom

Actually the correct word is envious. Jealously involves 3 people, envious, 2.

i didn't really mean to make anyone jealous, i just thought it would grab your eyes a little more.
OOPS-if you go by sound then this cymbal would blow you away, i've never heard such a gorgeous cymbal(and i own paiste signatures 2002s dark energy and old Ks) but this this is untouchable. i think i've hit it maybe 3 times since i got it

Maybe you could try to post a picture of this amazing cymbal? Or is it afraid or the light? :p

i am planning on posting pictures when i get home. i don't know if you caught it, but i said i'm at college nowhere near my home and i didn't bring it with me for obvious reasons

its most definitely a splash so i'm assuming it was around back then. i think its a 10" but i'm not totally sure

Armand signed all cymbals back then. Cool cymbal. Not jealous. If you had a 22 inch k ride or 24 inch k ride from that era then I would be VERY jealous because you would have like a 3500 dollar ride (us)

Back