New setup, cymbals, and drums.

razorx

Platinum Member
New Gear!!!!!!!

I figured i would take my dad's old drums out or retirement and give them a new life. They are tama rockstar customs in sunset fade. The sizes are 10,12, and 14 on the toms with a 22 bass and 14 snare. For heads im using Remo Emperors over Ambassadors. With an aquarian super kick one on the bass and a hi-energy head on the snare the kit sounds great. I play paiste cymbals. Right now i have a mix of Signatures and Sound Formulas up. From the signature line i have 16-18-20 power crashes. From the Sound Formula line i have 14 heavy hi hats a 20 reflector power ride and an 18 china. I use tama roadpro stands and Iron cobra pedals. thanks for looking.

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1121.jpg

HPIM1116.jpg

Last edited:
great kit, i've always liked the look of Tama's long mono lugs, hope your Dad is inspired to play those beauties again...

Nice kit its looks fun to play with the cymbals lined up like thanks and it DOES look like pro quality and it looks like it has potential to sound like a pro's kit too. The finish LOOKS TOO GOOD..
sweet kit man, I hope your dad gets to play them sometime too.

Nice kit its looks fun to play with the cymbals lined up like thanks and it DOES look like pro quality and it looks like it has potential to sound like a pro's kit too. The finish LOOKS TOO GOOD..
sweet kit man, I hope your dad gets to play them sometime too.

My dad's wolfmoon. He plays Ddrum maple dominators. Between the two of us we have 4 sets.

I just wish they made smaller cymbals that sound like bigger ones so i could get the positioning to my liking. I'd like the 20 crash to be ware the china is but i can't think of where else to put the china. I have 2002's too. I just don't have enough stands for it all. lol.

I just wish they made smaller cymbals that sound like bigger ones so i could get the positioning to my liking. I'd like the 20 crash to be ware the china is but i can't think of where else to put the china. I have 2002's too. I just don't have enough stands for it all. lol.

Well that's just the name of the game i'm afraid. Big cymbals=big sound.

I love it when they put a starclassic type finish on those drums! The starcast is my favourite system and all Tama drums are reliable.

That's interesting. I thought suspension mounts were supposed to aid resonance?

Well, The starcast mounts that are on these ones were the first ones that came out. They aren't like the ones on the superstars and they aren't like the ones on the starclassics. No special hoops were required for the old statcast mounts. They just atached to the rim with clips.

Back