Help Identifying Rogers Kit

voldak

Hi,

The singer for a band i've played with in the past just got a Rogers kit and he was wanting some info on it. I figured this would be the best place as I am not overly familiar with older kits.

Here is a link to the album

The serial numbers are in view on the images. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Rogers Powertone, pre-1976 'script badge'. Nice drums, but could use some TLC? No bottom hoops to be had?

a guy on here named 'John Ploughman' will be along soon, a Rogers super-expert or you could PM him. He'll know exactly.

Thanks for the info. I sent John a PM. I don't think it has the bottom hoops. Trying to stay as original as possible, would it be overly difficult to find those online?

By "online" .... you mean ???? There are dealers who specialize in Rogers stuff, and you (or your singer) can also look for parts on eBay. Jollity Drum Farm http://www.drumfarm.com/ is a good place to look at Rogers stuff. Bobby's got lots of complete kits, and orphans. Parts, not to sure on that.​

Last edited:
Drums are from 1970. All of the parts you need are available either through various ebay sellers or with a few guys who sell through some of the forums like Drum Forum Dot Org or Vintage Drum Forum. And there is also the Rogers owners forum. Those places are more focused on vintage drums specifically.

Back