Rediculously Massive Drum Kits

I think it would be fun to sit behind that and just do whatever came to your mind. I wouldn't want to move that thing, though.

That's the difference - you and I have to haul our own gear, the big cats have techs do all the work.

That's the difference - you and I have to haul our own gear, the big cats have techs do all the work.

Plus to tune all those drums. I have a big set but not like these, they would take some time to set up and tear down. You would need some techs like you said. It would be fun to play a set that big as long as I didn't have to tune it or move it.

big-drum-set.jpg

everything plus the kitchen sink (bottom left)

It's good for half time refreshments or a coffee break

Good one brdfan! There's some great pics of his DW twisted exotics kit in a recent MD issue.

C'mon...I know I'm not the only kid who grew up in the 80's, drooling over this stupendously gargantuan drum kits!

I'll do another one - Rikki Rockett from Poison. I'll never forget when I saw that video for "Talk Dirty To Me"...I saw that kit and said "whoa...bitchin'!" Seriously, I said "bitchin'"...no one says that anymore. :D

These pics are more recent (can't believe Poison still tours!?) - his 80's kits were insane:

Attachments

• rikki_rockett_1.jpg
    rikki_rockett_1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 49,140
  • rikki_rockett_2.jpg
    rikki_rockett_2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 48,108
Since I dont know how to quote pictures, and I'm not sure of the name of the drummer who's in it, I'll just describe as the one thats black and white and the one thats in the post above.

Anyways, about that kit, what is that cool looking spiraly thing on the very bottom of the screen? And, how's he supposed to reach those splashes? lol, they seem 5 feet away.

I love big kits. Small kits are fun, convenient, and easily get the job done, but something about big kits just really make me smile. It's like having control over the Universe or something. hahahah

One of my favorite drummers who uses a big kit is Pat Mastelotto. He mixes electronic with acoustic. It's an inspiration for my own kit, though I like to have lots of real cymbals.

pat_mastelotto_2003.jpg

502113331_l.jpg

Carter Beauford's kit is pretty big in my book.

He sets his toms about as high as I have my cymbals, is he that tall??? I'd hate to sit in on his kit (or his gig)... Big shoes to fill there. As far as the size, I don't think it's massive for his playing. He definately uses everything, which is more than I can say for some of the other freakishly huge kits and players I've seen.

I always liked ?uestlove in his massive drum kit stage...

I kid... I dig the kitchen sink in a earlier picture, I wonder how that sounds....

I've always been a fan of Robert Sweet(Stryper). He always plays some very cool kits. Check it:

Attachments

• igwtdrums.jpg
    igwtdrums.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 56,564
  • igwtdrums2.jpg
    igwtdrums2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 44,768
  • igwtdrums3.jpg
    igwtdrums3.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 49,600
  • robertinpuertorico04.jpg
    robertinpuertorico04.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 50,700
  • atldrums.jpg
    atldrums.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 44,593
  • reborndrums.jpg
    reborndrums.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 44,954
I've always been a fan of Robert Sweet(Stryper). He always plays some very cool kits. Check it:

To Hell....with...the....DEVIL!

CLASSIC 80's example of a stupid-huge drum kit. I bought one of their tapes when I was in the 6th. grade!

Yeah, that's right, I'm old enough to have owned tapes....young enough to realize how lame they were.

Back