The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

Re: THE BLACK PANTHER THREAD!!! for all BP snare fans and owners....

Signals said:
Mine is the Hammered Steel posted above -- it has die-cast rims. I too, have never played these rims before, but now I can tell you this; the drum definitely sounds more solid and the rimshots are much more powerful. All this for the unbelieveable price of $230! Gotta love those Black Panthers!
I'd love to try the maple and gold die-cas rim one too. I just played my first gig with mine in Seattle on Saturday night, and the snare was outstanding. Nice and loud, but not overbearing. After we played, 3 random drummers came up just to check out the snare. I'm very pleased and can see me wanting another one.

A couple of years ago, I was totally blown away with the sound of these Black Panthers . So I decided to buy one. Here it is...
bp2.jpg

Everthimr i see this thread i want one soo badly. Cant wait for the sound files.

Finally, I got a chance to record some sounds. Here's the hammered bronze snare with a coated G2 on top, hazy 300 on bottom, and a 42-strand wire. This was supposed to be about the snare, but I started having fun. I sometimes put a little moon-gel type thing on, but I left it clean to hear the drum better. I also mic'd the shell. The recording sounds more like this looks-

Attachments

• New Test EQ-02.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,140
  • BOOM.jpg
    BOOM.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,218

That's a good sounding snare, Parser. I love the metallic overtones from the shell. It isn't the sound I'm looking for, though, so I guess it is back to the Maple with the gold hardware, as in Radeq's recordings.

Stu_Strib said:
That's a good sounding snare, Parser. I love the metallic overtones from the shell. It isn't the sound I'm looking for, though, so I guess it is back to the Maple with the gold hardware, as in Radeq's recordings.

Thanks Stu! The guys I play with play pretty loud, so I like the punch. I'd really like the maple one yer talking about though.

fusionpacific said:
blackpanther.jpg

check the stamp on the inside of your BP. what number do you have? this maple 7x12 is simply fantastic. good to see people catching on to these things. i have had mine since december 2005. ill try and get a few clips up at some point.

That snare is the sexiest thing since Jessica Simpson in daisy dukes. Wowsers!

d.c.drummer said:
That snare is the sexiest thing since Jessica Simpson in daisy dukes. Wowsers!

nice. it has a nice pink tint to it. ( the drum ) and yes sexy is a good word. thanks!

Here it is : my black panther full Walnut in 14*6.5 with black chrome hardwear :

dscn07268ue.jpg

Here's mine, birdseye maple 14x5. No sound files, but this drum sounds marvelous! very versatile...

Attachments

• IMG_2912.JPG
    IMG_2912.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 4,049
  • IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 4,026

I am wondering if anyone has tried the cherry BP? How does it sound compared to the maple BP?

And Radeq, I am getting that black and gold snare.

Drummerboy3940 said:
I am wondering if anyone has tried the cherry BP? How does it sound compared to the maple BP?

And Radeq, I am getting that black and gold snare.

I played the Black Panther Cherry snare back in November when I bought the one I have now. I remember it having a very nice, solid, and loud (but not too loud) rimshot. It was a beautiful drum as all BPs are, my second favorite to the birdseye maple.

val said:
Here it is : my black panther full Walnut in 14*6.5 with black chrome hardwear :

dscn07268ue.jpg
How's the sound of that? Looks awesome.

Has someone got the deep Forest cherry one? That one looks amazing!!!
(not mine in the pic)

Attachments

• MapexCherry.jpg
    MapexCherry.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,101

Black Panther 13" Steel Snare

Unfortunately I don't have a picture with just my beloved snare on it, but I think one can see what it looks like ^^

attachment.php

and this is what it sounds like

again, sorry I don't have a "only snare" recording, but I used it for our demo recording so you know what it sounds like

hmm true, but as I said before I don't have a proper drums-only recording with this snare... as sad as it is, but I still think the sound of the snare in this song is great ^^

Back