Can someone please help me!

Confused

Hi,

I have just registered today. My boyfriend is a drummer and a while ago he was talking to me about how he would like to buy a new kind of bass drum pedal for his drum kit.

I cant remember what the pedal was called, but i wanted to try and price one up so that i could buy him it for christmas.

The pedal was designed so that there was no hinge in the way, and i think it was slightly shorter than a normal pedal and you could hit it quicker than a normal pedal with a specific technique that he showed me on youtube. The only thing is, i cant remember what it is called now as this was a while ago.

I realise that i must sound like a complete idiot- but i really dont know much about drums, all i know is that he really wanted this pedal for his bass drum, and i really want to get him it.

If anyone understands what i am talking about or thinks they might be able to help, please can you reply to this! I am totally confused :S

Thank you

Ah thank you so much. That is the exact one he showed me... I think :S !!

Are these good then? Would you say they are better than a normal pedal or are they just different? I didnt know what sort of benefits you would get out of using a pedal like that, if i were to buy it- i dont suppose you would be able to help me with that aswell?

Thank you again

Hi,

I have just registered today. My boyfriend is a drummer and a while ago he was talking to me about how he would like to buy a new kind of bass drum pedal for his drum kit.
i really dont know much about drums, all i know is that he really wanted this pedal for his bass drum, and i really want to get him it.
Thank you
He's a lucky guy.....
Have you a twin sister (single) by any chance?....:))

Ah thank you so much. That is the exact one he showed me... I think :S !!

Are these good then? Would you say they are better than a normal pedal or are they just different? I didnt know what sort of benefits you would get out of using a pedal like that, if i were to buy it- i dont suppose you would be able to help me with that aswell?

Thank you again

Honestly I've never used a solid pedal, I've always used a split footboard. So I really couldn't weigh in on the pro's and con's.

Some guys swear by them, some guys swear at them..lol

But Axis are very good pedals and well worth the money.

My dear lady, I think you have just broken many hearts here. Never in my life have I had any woman I've been with take that sort of interest in my work. I'm very touched by your inquiry. Your boyfriend has found himself a true gem.
Perhaps it's time for me to start dropping hints to my wife about the ride cymbal I've had my eye on.

Back