Decisions decisions??

2bsticks

Platinum Member
I have a nice Yamaha Oak Custom kit, bass, two mounted and two floor toms. I have only used the full kit once in that last year. I have put the kit up for sale here, on CL and eBay. I am thinking of a DW Performance kit. Bass, tom and floor tom. I could just hold on to the oaks and use three pieces and cost me nothing, or sell them while I can still get something for them and buy the DW. Any of you play the Performance series kits? The youtube vids I watched impressed me.

Setup the Oak Customs in the configuration you are looking for (the same config as the DW performance series that you are interested in). Play em for a week or two. Maybe try to tune them to sound same as the DW videos you've seen. After a couple weeks... if you're still crazy about the DWs and can afford it, then why not?

It sounds like GAS, not really anything related to needing to sell the Yamahas and buy the DW, but it's totally up to you in the end.

How much would you get for the Yamahas? Are you willing to wait for them to sell to get a good price for them?

I love Oak Customs, and Yamaha in general, so I'm a bit partial. And, in my opinion, the Oaks are a very nice value (if you are a buyer). For sellers, I don't think the going prices are a fair representation of their quality. There is no way I'd give up my Oaks for a DW Performance, but that is just me.

I'd say, if you still like the Oaks, keep them and use the configuration as you wish. If you no longer like your Oaks, then sure, sell them and buy something else.

Edit: Ha...just saw your other thread...you already bought the DW's. Cool to have 2 threads on the same topic...??

Last edited:
Back