My cat has been 'marking my drum set....

There's a product being touted over at the off-topic lounge...

Buy a few large bottles of tabasco sauce, soak some rags and place them when he marks. Cats hate the smell of hot sauce. Now that you have marked your territory, he may not want to return.

GJS

Get the cat his own drum set. Actually, My cat can be a vindictive little F@#$%*@ too. Whenever he sends me a signal of his displeasure, I soak the area with nature's miracle. It breaks down the bio burden and kills the smell permanently. Critters tend to return to the scene of the crime.

True story, I was practicing and stopped for a moment while sitting at the kit to talk a phone call. While chatting, with my foot on a DW 5000 Pedal, a Pearl MCX 22 inch Bass drum, Zildjian A Custom, my cat stuck his head in the port hole to see what's inside.

Now I ask you, what would you have done in my place. Frankly, I didn't see any other options.

The details of my kit have nothing to do with the story. This is a very funny thread BTW.

What you do, is you go out and get a resonant head. Then you trap the cat inside and play some double bass for about 20 minutes. Then you take off the resonant head. You can expect the cat to go nowhere near that kick drum for the rest of its existence.

Oh god... I wonder if a cat, or any animal, would function normally after such a treatment.

Motion detector inside the bass drum that triggers a robot foot to slam the beater against the bass drum when activated. :)
Please provide video of results. :)

Check bass drum for cat before playing.

Personally, I'm too much of a cat person to find anything involving harming a cat funny, even if it's meant as a joke.

I can empathize! We have two cats. Fortunately they’re brothers and don’t cause each other anxiety. But they are eternally inquisitive... My drums stay in a closed room.

So, one day I sat down to play my drum set that does not have a resonant head on the bass drum. Turns out my cat was in the bass drum shell and jumped out when I started my double bass drum licks.

After that my cat has been peeing on the shells and going #2 inside the shell.

Anyone one else have experience with this?

(removing the cat isn't an option, don't ask why)
Our dog was peeing on my Bass Reso and the right leg of my Rack. I didn't realize it for a while and then he kept doing it and it literally destroyed the chrome finish on that area. I had to close off the room.

I think I'd be making myself a new pair of furry slippers.

One of my cats did it on my brand new Nektar 88 key controller two years ago, not fun. I had to remove a lot of the keys, cleaned carefully the inside. In the process, I've destroyed one of the springs and had to explain the situation to a Nektar rep. They sent me a full bag of replacement springs but obviously, my warranty is now gone since I emailed them. Cat peeing isn't included in the standard warranty ;)

Back