• NC Burnt Toast Proto rszd.jpg
    NC Burnt Toast Proto rszd.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,601
  • N_C Clampit 2.jpg
    N_C Clampit 2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,606
Well... I started to drivel.
Looks like a blast to play, as well.

Ha hahahaha!! They definitely are my friend! There is no other company that has a sound like Noble & Cooley, and to have an entire Solid Shell Kit is a true blessing!

I hope to post video soon

DM
N&C

What's all the redundant rack sections doing on the left?

Stumbled back onto this thread... To answer the question, albeit over a year later, the redundant rack section on the left was with the knowledge that I would be adding more toys.

DSC_0083_zpshksvf8u0.jpg

I suppose if anything came close it would be making a set from Rick Ferdolage's Heartwood shells - http://www.heartwooddrums.com/home.html

Really great stuff there. I wonder if the sapwood is not used at all, and he just uses the heartwood of the tree. Do you happen to know if the sapwood is usable for drums? I'm pretty sure they have different characteristics in terms of drum shells.

The concentric cuts are just too cool.

I don't know if my big set is drool worthy. Did I go too far? Or is there such a thing? If you don't like it, hey it's cool.

Primary set DW Collectors Black Velvet. Secondary drums, 2 DW Performance Black Diamond (snare and floor), Meinle snare tom, Pearl M-80, PDP Walnut wood hoop snare. Cymbals by Ziljian K, Istanbul, Meinle. All Hardware DW except Pearl stand, and a couple of Pearl cymbal bases converted to DW tops. DW 9000 pedals/remote hi-hat/bass.

p1528636091-6.jpg

p1528632327-5.jpg

DW

This is my drool pool. They Guru-ve.

Attachments

• abceeb_31c82269b27a487b8f8b61f516e36d1f.jpg_srz_p_397_313_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    abceeb_31c82269b27a487b8f8b61f516e36d1f.jpg_srz_p_397_313_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,074
Stumbled back onto this thread... To answer the question, albeit over a year later, the redundant rack section on the left was with the knowledge that I would be adding more toys.

DSC_0083_zpshksvf8u0.jpg

I've seen your monster in other threads. Simply awesome!! Great paint scheme too. After a few hours of playing do you ever find yourself saying, "hmmm, you know, I haven't played all those toms on the other side over there for a while"...lol :)

This is my drool pool. They Guru-ve.
+1!!

My ears have unfortunately never been graced with hearing them live. Hopefully someday. I've only been able to hear them on youtube...but oh my, what an absolutely beautiful tone!!

I've seen your monster in other threads. Simply awesome!! Great paint scheme too. After a few hours of playing do you ever find yourself saying, "hmmm, you know, I haven't played all those toms on the other side over there for a while"...lol :)

Thanks! I actually struggled with the placement of the octobans for quite some time because of the playability issues that come with putting the four of them in a row. The painting process, mainly because it was squeezed in around my dad's and my schedule, took quite awhile so when they were finally finished I could rethink how I wanted them positioned. I find everything gets pretty evenly played really.

Thanks! I actually struggled with the placement of the octobans for quite some time because of the playability issues that come with putting the four of them in a row. The painting process, mainly because it was squeezed in around my dad's and my schedule, took quite awhile so when they were finally finished I could rethink how I wanted them positioned. I find everything gets pretty evenly played really.

I'm really digging the paint. Very cool and something I can see never getting old. What size is the large tom on the end?

I'm really digging the paint. Very cool and something I can see never getting old. What size is the large tom on the end?

That is absolutely a gorgeous beast

If my eyes are on point, looks like toms are 8,10,12,14,16 with 20x22 kicks.... Tama doesn't make a suspended 18.
All you need is a matching gong bass and an 18" floor to match lol

When I look at that nice striped set, I guess I realize I didn't go to far, just far enough for me. killer setup he has there, for sure.

Stainless steel plugged into a wall socket will promote drooling...

Thank you. Oddly enough, I was originally interested in a completely different finish but when that one got discontinued (about a year or so before I placed my order) I found this one and really love it, especially with the black nickel hardware.

That is absolutely a gorgeous beast

If my eyes are on point, looks like toms are 8,10,12,14,16 with 20x22 kicks.... Tama doesn't make a suspended 18.
All you need is a matching gong bass and an 18" floor to match lol

TamaDude, you nailed the tom sizes - 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. Bass drums are 20x18. Oddly enough, over on the Pearl forum somebody did manage to spot a matching Bubinga gong drum but at this point I would be looking solely at more cymbals.

Last edited:
Ahhhh 20" kicks... That would explain how you got your toms positioned so low. :)

if you think these kits aren't 3 times better than most your not listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back