Hahahahahahahaha :)

That was very weird. It's more weird than you can imagine for me because that's the sort of thing I do for humor, yet this appears to be serious. Not to hijack the thread, but here's an example of what I mean in the Inappropriate because I'm not listening to anything but me department. A co-worker gave me a recording of himself singing and playing acoustic guitar to a well-known tune. For fun, I added a drum track and an electric guitar. We got a good laugh out of it but apparently this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable in churches now. And they wonder why church attendance keeps dropping every year...

BoMangles

Wow...

I actually play that tune quite a bit at my church gig. I just lay back, maybe throw in a little cymbals on the verses and come in with a very sedate money beat on the chorus. I'm not really sure what that guy was going for but I am a bit surprised by everyone's reaction to Animal's playing there, or lack thereof.

Andy, it really does sound like "arse above the waters" but I think she is supposed to be saying "eyes". Then again, with that guy on drums I really don't know what to think anymore.

Impeccable musicality, dynamics, and feel. 5 out of 5 stars.

That church has some good gear. You'd think they could hire a real drummer.

If you must have a player which overplay a lot, make sure it's easy on the eyes...

... like Anika Nilles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefM3oPhDJs&list=UU0P-ec6f8-oeueSf84RQZZg

Sorry for the hijack Andy, but she does overplay a little :)

LOL! She is easy on the eyes?!? She looks like a translucent beam of light, or a 120 watt light bulb?

I am sure it's just the lighting, but... lolololo.

I am not saying that I can play like that, but pieces like this are a little exhausting to me. It sounds like a someone competing at a Guitar Center drum off.

That guy playing in the church needs a huge gong behind him. Maybe light it on fire for a big show ender. Maybe just bring it out for the bit about Revelations.

I cannot even imagine what might be happening there. It's as if he literally can't hear what he or anyone else is doing. Thinking about it, that's a possibility with vDrums....

poor lad

She has such a nice voice. What was the guy thinking? Perhaps there was a "disagreement" backstage, and the drummer just had to show her who really controls the gig.

It's like with drum corps guys, which I once was, and of whom I have known many: they get out of corps, and someone will play Clair de Lune, and they'll still be hearing drum parts like chip-chip-chip-chip-digita-digita-BOP-chuzt-chuzt-gack-BOODOOBOODOOBOOM! brackato-brackato-DAKA-digidigidigidigidigi-PLOOKATABOOM-BOP-CHUCHUCHU-BOOM!

Dig it, that's no joke.

chip-chip-chip-chip-digita-digita-BOP-chuzt-chuzt-gack-BOODOOBOODOOBOOM! brackato-brackato-DAKA-digidigidigidigidigi-PLOOKATABOOM-BOP-CHUCHUCHU-BOOM![/I]

Best description ever. It even suits this video perfectly!

My lordy... first she couldnt hold a note ( her pitch wavered all over the place and so no I dont agree with others that she sings well) and then the drums kick in...at first I thought the song was going to change tempo but no bambi kept going at the same warbled level.

Made my Sunday morning that did !!

Then there was the clip of George Costanza being singing like a tom cat on heat ....and they clapped him.

The lord giveth the tortore tunes and taketh away the hearing of his flock......

I might have to sample this.

:) :) :) Yes, I find this enjoyable in that so-bad-it's-good way as I enjoy My Pal Foot Foot.

The drummer turned what would have been another bland little churchy bore-fest into a unique sweet'n'sour musical event! Kudos for enthusiasm and willingness to operate outside the square ... they say that prophets are never appreciated in their own time :)

Rock on, my children \m/

Back