For those wondering about the Evans Level 360 heads

Any unprocessed videos that are not from endorsers?

That's what I'm waiting on. I'm really curious to see the difference between the new Evans heads and Aquarian's version that they have made for years.

They call it Sound Curve. I've never had an Aquarian head that didn't sit on the drum the same way Evans is saying their new heads do. However, I'm still curious to try them out.

Yeah, the Aquarian heads seat smoothly as he demonstrates, too. Not sure if it makes any difference, though, since you end up tightening the head against the bearing edge as you tune, anyway.

-sheldon

I still refer to the so called improvement as "snake oil" until I can personally check them out. The thing is, unless I get a faulty or defective head, which I have gotten quite a few G2 coated and clear heads from Evans, I never have a problem changing or tuning heads on any of my kits and I'm talking over 40 drums.

I guess if Evans discloses that the 360 tunes more easily, they'll sell millions to the inexperienced who have problems getting a decent sound from their drums. Great marketing strategy. I'm always a little skeptical when a manufacturing company has to make a "mod" or improvement for something that should have worked or fit correctly in the first place.

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

Dennis

Just proves, in a way, that Aquarian is the master head choice, really--I've never heard players complain about Aquarian heads (seating, breaking them in, etc.) like I've heard with Remo and Evans. Still, R&E make goods heads, but Aquarian seems to be the benchmark.

I must confess that I like the funny "it spins" around the bearing edge from the Evans videos. Cracks me up a bit.

Any unprocessed videos that are not from endorsers?

Somehow, I doubt that the OP is an endorser.

FWIW, I've not had any problems with the last several sets of Evans heads I've put on. Or some of the Aquarians either. Bring them up and stretch them in nicely and they'll tune up fine.

Oh, whoops, I thought he meant "original post"

Of course OP can mean "original post" as well as "original poster.

Aren't you glad we created this simplistic form of language communication called the written word, in order to alleviate any confusion? Hell, at this point I'm almost more thankful Evans have created a head that spins on a drum shell. :)

The OP bought Aquarian heads for his DW set. He posted pictures of the heads on Facebook a few days before the drums came in. We all like the heads we like for various reasons. I already prefer Evans, so if they are better now, whahoo. If not, then I will probably use them anyway. To each his/her own. Peace and goodwill.

Back