All my gear(many pics)

Sup. Here's all my drum gear; enjoy. Specs will be granted upon request. If you would be so kind, please refrain from posting until I am finished.

GEDC0045.jpg

GEDC0046.jpg

GEDC0047.jpg

GEDC0048.jpg

I am requesting specs. and how will we know when you are finished or does Done mean that you are??

I really enjoy the all black snare, it looks mean.

I also have to say, those drums and cymbals are dusty, do you play much?

Spec request !!
Spec request !!

I love the finish and the inlay. The lugs are also a nice touch.

Beautiful kits!! Where are you from man?? Nice to see that you're using Odery...

Those are some really beautiful drums! Very unique too. It's nice to see drums that are different than the usual stuff that we see here day in and day out.

You should be very proud. Thanks for posting!

I really enjoy the all black snare, it looks mean.

I also have to say, those drums and cymbals are dusty, do you play much?

The drums and cymbals are dusty because I am too damn busy playing them to clean them! :) But seriously, both kits are in environments where dust collects easily and I have not cleaned them recently. So to answer your question I play about 3 hours a day, so the dust you see is not a result of lack of use.
Miguero-I am from Minnesota and I adore my Odery kit. It sounds every bit as beautiful as it looks.
Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Now onto the specs:
Odery 5-piece Araucaria drum kit(not sure of the exact finish title, but it is some kind of a sunburst type finish with an inlay) with old copper hardware:
10X7 rack tom
12X8 rack tom
14X11 floor tom
16X13 floor tom
20X18 bass drum
Clear G2's/G1's on the toms, Clear EQ3 over Black EQ3 logo head on the bass drum
Pictured with 14X5 Odery Sucupira segment snare
Cymbals:
14" Sabian HH hi-hats
18" HHX Evolution O-Zone crash
18" Sabian Dark Crash
8" Signature Max splash
10" AA Rocktagon
20" Vault Crash
20" Paiste Dry Crisp Ride
DW 7000 Double pedal
Ellis Drum Co. custom kit in quilted cherry veneer with a trans red fade:
12X8 rack tom
14X14 floor tom
18X14 bass drum
Aquarian texture coated/Aquarian texture coated on toms, Remo Ambassador/White Aquarian SK Reso(ellis logo) on bass drum
Pictured with 14X5.5 Vaughncraft steambent solid shell snare
Cymbals:
14" HH hi-hats(same as other kit)
16" Dream Bliss crash
20" Paiste Dry Crisp Ride(same as other kit)
22" Dream Bliss ride
Mapex 950 series pedal
Other snares pictured:
14X5.5 Mapex Solid Steel
14X6.5 Ellis Drum Co. 10-ply Maple with midnight storm wrap
14x6.5 Pearl Ultracast
Assorted Mapex, Gibraltar and other myriad hardware
Roland TD-12 Electronic drums
Vic Firth American Sounds 5B sticks
Vic Firth SD2 Bolero sticks
Regal Tip Clayton Cameron brushes

The drums and cymbals are dusty because I am too damn busy playing them to clean them! :) But seriously, both kits are in environments where dust collects easily and I have not cleaned them recently. So to answer your question I play about 3 hours a day, so the dust you see is not a result of lack of use.
Miguero-I am from Minnesota and I adore my Odery kit. It sounds every bit as beautiful as it looks.
Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Just asking 'cause I'm from Brazil and we're very proud of Odery Drums here... we always like to see people around the world supporting the brand and using it... Like Billy Cobham and others.
I'm about to order some Odery shells too. I'll finish them myself.. I'll get the Joe Morello sizes (20x14, 12x8, 14x14)

Nice gear. Those Odery drums look very special. I'm wondering if your cherry kit is used in a be-bop context? I heard cherry offers a higher pitch and tone - is this your experience? Thanks for sharing.

Back