SHOW OFF YOUR REFINISHED DRUMS!!!!

cooldrummer95

just a thread to show off your refinished drums.........its for those of us who hate the same thing all the time.......

attachment.php

attachment.php

sorry about the bad quality.......it was taken from my phone....

Last edited:
Even though I started a thread for my kit, I will go ahead and submit mine in here to try and get this thing started.

Tama Rockstar "Vintage Red" originally. I stripped the wrap and painted the shells a dark gloss purple, very similar to TCU's color purple (they do happen to be my favorite college team). I also made the bass a virgin.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,542
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 1,577
just a thread to show off your refinished drums.........its for those of us who hate the same thing all the time.......

attachment.php

attachment.php

sorry about the bad quality.......it was taken from my phone....

Your attachments are not working

Four different drum brands here. Taye, Ludwig, Pearl, and Tama

Attachments

• CIMG0853.JPG
    CIMG0853.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 2,244
Very nice Grunterstand!
That's a pretty cool mix of drums - you don't see that everyday in a four piece - way to go!

This is a mid-60's Gretsch Renown Dixieland snare drum I picked up off eBay a year or so ago. The red sparkle wrap was 1/2 torn off when I got it. I was going to re-wrap it in Gold Sparkle - I bought the wrap but when I cleaned off the shell the wood was too nice - i didn't have the heart to wrap it.

The drum came without hoops & strainer. The 6 hole die-cast Gretsch hoops are not easy to come by.

This is what I ended up with.........
A few coats of Tung Oil & a coat of Clear Gloss lacquer to finish it off.
I put a coat of lacquer on the inside - gives it a little extra reflective surface.

I like those Gretsch "snap-in key holders."

Attachments

• 6lug Gretsch APR 24 10.JPG
    6lug Gretsch APR 24 10.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,466
  • APR 24 OUTSIDE 6LUG.JPG (14) (Large).JPG
    APR 24 OUTSIDE 6LUG.JPG (14) (Large).JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,504
I used Krylon Fusion spray paint from a can.Gloss. The bass drum is very rough due to the inexpensive shell material under the wrap that was removed when I bought it. I painted it with oil base black, many coats, to try and fill the small voids. But up close its not too pretty. The Fusion spray paint is designed for use on plastic, but I bought it thinking it mak take a few knocks without chipping.

I used Krylon Fusion spray paint from a can.Gloss. The bass drum is very rough due to the inexpensive shell material under the wrap that was removed when I bought it. I painted it with oil base black, many coats, to try and fill the small voids. But up close its not too pretty. The Fusion spray paint is designed for use on plastic, but I bought it thinking it mak take a few knocks without chipping.

Even though I love my Rockstars, I could tell the shells aren't made from the best material when I removed the wrap. Up close you can see where little nicks were taken out, but in the photos and if you're a couple feet away it looks like its just part of the wood grain.

Wow GruntersDad the new wrap looks great-but I have to admit I just loved it as the bumble bee kit.

Old finish with paint job (looked decent, held up very well)

Old finish go bye-bye and vinyl wrap applied

New finish. Over two years on and no problems yet.

Back