Greeting from Edinboro PA

jober635

Hello all,

I have posted in several different section of the forum a couple of times but have never taken the time to properly introduce myself. My name is Jordan Lober and I am currently a student attending Edinboro University of Pennsylvania to pursue a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with concentrations in Print-Journalism and Public Relations. I have been playing for about 10 years and recently upgraded my kit. I used to have a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod 4 piece kit and have recently upgraded to a 6 piece Tama Silverstar kit. During my first 2 years at school I was unable to play due to my living situation which has caused my skills to diminish dramatically. I am currently in the process of getting back into everything and I feel like this discussion forum will be an essential piece to this ongoing jigsaw puzzle. I am able to play practically any genre of music with a couple of exceptions. I was in a metal/hardcore band in high school and currently and jamming on some psychedelic rock/meta music as of late. This change has proven to do nothing but aid in the process of getting my chops back. I am looking forward to learning and getting to know you all better.

Welcome here.

I attended Edinboro University of Pennsylvania for a couple years in the early 70s. I'm sure it has changed a lot in 40 years. ;-)

Best of luch with both your education and with your music.

I remember my freshman year I actually brought a set of drums in the dorm room. It took up half the room and my room mate who was from Nepal was too timid to tell me how much it annoyed him. I practiced all the time and got notes on my door from other students complaining. 17 years later I realize how rude I was to do that. Sorry for the rambling, your post just reminded me of that. Welcome to the forum!!

I grew up in Erie and spent many a night after Edinboro parties. There used to be a healthy music presence in the Erie area, including western NY.

Back