Favourite Rudiments

Versatility

Hey everyone!

Just wonder what some of your favourite rudiments are.
Mine personally are Paradiddle-diddles, they go really well when applied to the kit.

If you have any ideas that apply to the kit, or any exersizes that use certain rudiments, I would be happy to hear about them too.

Thanks.

Six stroke roll. Anything to do with paradiddles.

that depends on the musical setting... even thoug i don't think in terms of rudiments but in terms of sound. some kind of rudiment (whatever flam, single double, drag combination) will always come out. ;)

I like Paradiddle-diddles starting with either hand. paradiddles. inverted paradiddles.
Paradiddle-diddle and a half. six rolls then all of the mentioned above with flams. Its a good work out

I like to use the Flamacue quite a bit...applied to the kit. A flam on the snare, then a kick, then two singles on the toms followed by a crash. It makes a cool little fill.

Easily Flams, six-stroke rolls, and paradiddle-diddles. They are applicable in almost any situation and always sound good. always.

I prefer learning and applying hybrid rudiments. They are more of a challenge. Of the basic rudiments, I'd say probably dragadiddle, ratamacue, etc.

Six Stroke Roll !

I find its great in big band stuff, especially right at the end of a number when you want to make as much noise and using a six stroke roll with cymbals is a great way to do that !

Back