Show us your Premier kits!!

My resonators..
resonator3.jpg
Awesome, is that a Coloursound I see at the top right? How does it sound?

Nice kits guys!!! The White Elite is pretty awesome looking. Now, what would be really cool is if you put all Die Cast rims on them, not only would it look even sharper but it would really bring out the full maple sound.
What kind of Snare is that on the Resonators? It looks like it may be a Signia judging by the top rim?
Nice job & thanks for adding your pic's for all to see.
Dancincrow

Hey everybody!

My name is Cristian a.k.a sonrisa, and i want to show you my xpk. I know it's not a top of the line premier, but for me, is the most incredible drum, the one that understand me and bring me full joy whem im in my rehearsal room.

By the way sorry 4 the english, i'm working on it.

n726348953_545044_326.jpg

n726348953_577276_3845.jpg

If you dont found the sound, Grab the hammer and the lathe!!!!!!

n726348953_545043_20.jpg

I hope you like it, and soon i will post pics of the process of reducing the deep of the 10" 12" toms...(working on it)

Cheers from Chile, South America

Hey guys, I really want a premier kit. What line do you reccomend and where can I buy them? Thank!

-Connor

Hey Guz! Yes, It is a ColorSound5, it sounds quite good, but doesn't blend too well with other cymbals. It is a unique, little dryer crash sound, and i should be used along with other CS5's.

Hey guys - newbie to the forum here - great pics of really nice sets! I hope to soon post pics of my Premier Soundwave kit I got in the early 80's. I just put all new Evans heads on and am loving it! I went FAR too long without replacing the skins...most of them were still the original Premier heads, if you can believe it!!! Anyhow, I look forward to sharing my Premier drums with you soon!
You can see my set in a couple of my youtube posts, with the heads still on that I just replaced...still pics will give much better idea of what the set looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jon325
Just got a clip up with the new heads on - crappy mic though, so can't really hear the full effect of the new heads.
Cheers!

Last edited:
OK - as promised - my baby, with all new Evans heads, except on Bass, which is getting an Evans EMAD 2 later this week (hoping to keep the Premier OEM reso on the front)...I've had her for 26 wonderful years (since Christmas of '82 - I was 12, didn't care what model it was back then, just cared that I finally had a drum set!). :)
Nearly certain she's a Soundwave SL1 (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Toms 13"/14"/16" (EC2 clears on top, G1 clear on bottom)
Bass 22" (Soon to have EMAD 2 batter)
Snare - 14" Premier 35 (Power Center Reverse Dot)

Attachments

• badge_web.JPG
    badge_web.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 8,632
  • front_web.JPG
    front_web.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 8,608
  • rear_web.JPG
    rear_web.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 8,515
Last edited:
So here's one of mine :) Well ..... it's actually 2 kits. These are Limited Edition Union Jack Wrap Artist Maples from the late 90's.
I sold 1 of them but have since picked up the newer "Birch" version form 2006 with the Genista style lugs ..... pretty sweet, you can see a photo of it on Mike Dolbears site from the 2006 NAMM show.

Hi there, What a beautiful pair of kits! I have just purchased a premier union jack kit. I am just starting out and wondered what skins and symbols etc I sould get before I start the my long journey!

Many thanks

Chad

Hi Chad
Congrat's on your UJ kit purchase, where did you get it from? Can you post a photo of it? I would be curious to see it.
Cheers
Dancincrow

Hi there, What a beautiful pair of kits! I have just purchased a premier union jack kit. I am just starting out and wondered what skins and symbols etc I sould get before I start the my long journey!

Many thanks

Chad

Thanks!!! The Artist Maple Series was probably one of the most under rated kits out there which is unfortunate. The guy I sold 1 of the UJ kits to, who lives in Canada, has done nothing but RAVE about how the Toms sound & how easy they are to tune.
It's really nice to see that there are still people out there who appreciate Premier despite the way they are (or should I say .... are not) running their business these days, especially when it comes to setting up a new U.S. Distributor ....... such a shame!!! There has been, & continues to be, much frustration here in the U.S. that they don't seem to care about the customers over here who remain loyal to them .... though how long will that last?

I'm wondering if Premeir is nearly out of business.

They had one little kit at NAMM, and nothing else. I barely even noticed they were there. Every time they come up with a good selling kit, they discontinue it and do a 180. Not a great way to run a company.

Here is an older picture of my Signia kit.
10, 12, 14 toms, 16 floor tom, two 18X22 bass drums.
I've since added an 8" tom and 18" floor tom, just because wanted to get them before they became really rare. I need to take a picture of the whole thing!
But truth is, I've almost always just used it as a 5pc on live gigs.

2bassset.jpg

Hi all
that's a question I'm hearing a lot lately. I met with the guys at Premier at their new offices just outside of Leicester (UK) a few weeks back in December. Of course the current state of the economy is World Wide & certainly affecting everyone in the UK too. However, Premier is doing well & still strong, especially in the UK & Europe. Their plans for a comeback to the US are a bit hazy so don't hold your breathe quite yet though it's most certainly not out of the question. I did get to see their new range of Top of the line drums which are amazing. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything & I will try to assist you.
Cheers.

I'm wondering if Premeir is nearly out of business.

Here is an older picture of my Signia kit.
10, 12, 14 toms, 16 floor tom, two 18X22 bass drums.
I've since added an 8" tom and 18" floor tom, just because wanted to get them before they became really rare. I need to take a picture of the whole thing!
But truth is, I've almost always just used it as a 5pc on live gigs.

2bassset.jpg

Very nice!!!
Of everything I have ever seen from the company, the Signia is my favorite. They look elegant, yet gutsy. They would look at home in any style because of the design. APK/XPK are nice also. These three models look well crafted.

I'd like to hear a kit built with eucalyptus like they did at one point.

Here's a Genista 12/14/18 kit that I had for a while:

2746366955_cb818a0689_b.jpg

Man I love that kit!! That is a very sweet looking kit. I'm a sucker for green finishes. Great kit, I would hold on to that one!!

heres my apk from the mid 90's
im selling it though im afraid. nice kit.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

ones on its side though :(

Back