My 2 drumkits - Little/Large, Ludwig/Slingerland!

Here are my two drumkits outside my rehearsal unit. I've put pictures up of them before, but not side by side.

Quite a difference in size between the two!

The small kit is a converted 1970's 16" Ludwig floortom with a 1926 Premier Popular Model snare, an unknown ride/crash cymbal and Paiste hi hats. I can fit all the stands into a small travel suitcase with wheels, the bass drum fits in a floor tom bag, and I'm working on finding something which can hold both the snare and cymbals and which I could carry on my back (any suggestions anyone?). It takes about 4minutes to setup and 3 minutes to break down. I use this for a blues/garage band, and a jazz quartet.

The larger kit is a 1960's Slingerland set 22/16/13, with a 1960's Carlton Snare, Istanbul agop hi hats, an Istanbul traditional crash, and a Paiste jazz/rock Ride . It's got a good, deep sound, no muffling, takes about 7 minutes to setup, and I just use it for the one band which is a 50's Rock N Roll covers band.

Attachments

• P1030722.JPG
    P1030722.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 737
  • P1030723.JPG
    P1030723.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 574
  • P1030724.JPG
    P1030724.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 577
  • P1030725.JPG
    P1030725.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 570
Very nice and unique. Don't know many drummers who use an 80 year old snare on a regular basis. Can't get anymore classic than WMP Slingerlands. Thanks for sharing.

I love the composition of the photos. It really shows the differences and the charms of each kit. Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing!

I'm working on finding something which can hold both the snare and cymbals and which I could carry on my back (any suggestions anyone?).

How big is that crash/ride? I find that most snare cases will accommodate 16" cymbals. I had a gig that I would bring a 16" crash, 14" hats, and a snare drum all in an SKB snare case. If your cymbal is small enough, you might only need to buy a standard snare case with backpack straps...

Last edited:
Thanks larryz and caddywumpus,

The crash/ride is 18" so just a little too big, I did experiment with putting it in with the bass drum, and then putting the hi hats in with the snare, but it didn't seem to be doing the soft cases any good, and the snare case has actually ripped a little. I'll keep looking, I'm not far off being able to take it all on the train, or walk it into town when I have a local gig, which is what I've been aiming to do for a while!

I love the composition of the photos. .

That's like showing a someone a picture of your girlfriend, and they say....nice picture frame!

Not really. Just busting Phil.

I bet you didn't know that Caddy's real name is Phil.

Someday Mr. Wumpus...I will reveal your secret identity and expose you and all your evil laughter to the unsuspecting do gooders here.. Actually I was hoping I would lucky guess your name, so that you would be shocked and you would admit it, and you would forever be wondering how the heck I did that. But NOOOOOOO!

Back