What's your latest purchase?

My latest purchase. Three pair of Vater Fusion Nylon tipped sticks. Even got here 1 day early. Except they sent me three pair of Vater Jazz 7A. They go back tomorrow and I order the Fusion again.

Super !!

I have one of those.
I think you will like it. I like mine.

New Xmas present for myself - Tama Starclassic Performer in Indigo Burst, 4 piece brand new for a great sale price (it will be discontinued), but I think it's the last drumset I "hope" to ever buy. I just want to have 1 really good acoustic set as I just sold 2 sets to downsize and get his one. It's just jaw dropping in every way...

p1120058_med.jpeg

p1120062_med.jpeg

Very nice ......................

My latest purchases have been too many to list. Cymbal stands, cymbals, pedals, hi hat stands, thrones, electronic cymbals, etc. Well over $2k spent this holiday season. And to think, all I really wanted was a new throne. There were just too many good deal to pass up. Fortunately, I didnt buy a new set. The 3 I have will have to do for now.

Got a few things this week.:
Sabian Artisan 22" Medium ride brilliant finish
Sabian Artisan 14" hihats brilliant finish
Paiste blue label 20" 602 Heavy ride
Blue Olive badge Acrolite
16" Sabian HHX Evolution crash

Last edited:
- Roc n Soc round throne with backrest (love it, posture has improved tenfold)
- Aquarian Tru-Bounce practice pad (not here yet)
- Dixson bass drum lift (simple, does the job, will be easy to cart around)

I got one of these recently.

Q3HD_front.jpg

I'm yet to record something decent with it, it sort of highlights that I need to do something about the reverb in my practice room.

I got one of these recently.

Q3HD_front.jpg

I'm yet to record something decent with it, it sort of highlights that I need to do something about the reverb in my practice room.

I've got a Q3 and I really like it. I've set it up in front of one of the mains at a small gig, and the sound was real good. I use the line in function with a small mixer at home for videos. Ive also used it to record music from the radio and old cassette tapes. Congrats.

Four pair of Vic Firth X55A sticks. 16.5 long and .550 width. I like long sticks.

Bought a new mx5 from interstate. Flying down to pick it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 691
Wandered into my local cluttered music shop to look at random snares/cymbals and cymbals. The owner saw me looking at an older Ludwig snare and said "I have this old Slingerland in back, want to see it?" Does a drummer hit on the wood?

Calf skins stamped "Slingerland Calf". Bare, lacquered dark wood shell (mahogany?) with scratches. Brass badge dates it to around 1953-1956. Had no idea what model it was, but most likely not a Radio King -- had only a basic 3-point strainer and the stickchopper-style hoops didn't have the engraving. I looked through the little airhole in the shell and the interior looked pretty decent, no obvious delamination, and it had the thinner inch-or-so re-rings. He might have been asking too much for it, but I played it and really dug the sound, so I bought it.

Went home and did a little more research and I think it's a Student Radio King model given that the hoops are held on by clips. I think the batter head is used up though; I can't tighten the head any more and it still sounds like it's tuned a step above wrinkle. But I like a low pitched snare sound anyway.

My first wood snare, too.

In the past week or so I've picked up a 21" Sweet Ride, 19" A Custom crash, 8" A Custom Splash and some stands.

Bought a new mx5 from interstate. Flying down to pick it up tomorrow.

Excellent little car!

What's with the wheels Dre, are they lightweight items or just cool looking wheels? Watch out for VIC speedpol...they give zero latitude.

My brother is a surfer and he goes I think they make this for U2 lol Merry Xmas Mr Zog. My hands will never be slick again

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 642
I must take very poor care of my equipment ! Did you just say 14 year old pedal?

14-years old, but new to me. I recently purchased it from a guitarist's studio where it sat virtually untouched since 2000 on a drum kit. For all practical purposes it is like brand-new.

Excellent little car!

What's with the wheels Dre, are they lightweight items or just cool looking wheels? Watch out for VIC speedpol...they give zero latitude.

Just factory gunmetal rims.. I'd say they would be forged or something because they do everything possible to lighten these cars.

I got a cool late-60s 20" A. Zildjian Medium-Heavy for $175, and a new, orphan-brand Turkish hand-hammered 18" Medium Crash, I think made at the Bosphorus shop, for $125. Revival Drums in Portland has a bunch of those in right now, FYI, if anyone's in the market for cheap K-type cymbals...

Back