My Kit/Band's Rehearsal Space

?uesto

Silver Member
[Let me know if this belongs in Off-Topic]

Well, my bandmates and I haven't the time or money to rehearse in a studio or formal rehearsal space, so we improvised. A few bands do this on campus, but I think we're the loudest. As a result, we've gotten some unwanted attention from the campus cops. We've been kicked out, investigated, sat on the pavement, had flashlights in our faces, told not to come back, etc. but we're there at least once a week. e practice on the top floor of the parking garage (away from the dorms and classes) and we really only practice Sundays or weekday nights real late (12 - 3 or 4 AM).

So I just wanted to share a few pictures, and as soon as our demo is done, I'll post some tunes. (My bass player is on the drums while I took the pictures)

mwp8up.jpg

e61uzd.jpg

yhwkl.jpg

4sya9y.jpg

Last edited:
sick space. open air rehearsal seems cool.

Reminds me of the good ol' days. We used to play on a parking garage, in the park, in the outfield of an old baseball stadium, basically wherever we could set up and annoy people the least.

Are you guys running a generator? That was always the hardest part was keeping the gene running.

Reminds me of the good ol' days. We used to play on a parking garage, in the park, in the outfield of an old baseball stadium, basically wherever we could set up and annoy people the least.

Are you guys running a generator? That was always the hardest part was keeping the gene running.

No, there's actually six-eight outlets on each floor. One of the guitarists brings a power-strip and we're good to go.

Another band who practices up there sometimes actually just posted this last night (same cop who made a big deal about it when we were there (we learned to practice around her work schedule))

She sat us on the pavement, had her hand on her gun, flashlight in our faces, called for back-up, ran our licenses and license plates. I was almost hoping she'd ask to search our cars, because it would have been a firm [and legally justified] "No."

2imak5u.jpg

Back