SnareDrum Transformation

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
$29.00 and three hours labor and my steambent maple is now White Macassar Fade from BumWraps.com. I think its much improved.

Attachments

• IMG_3815.JPG
    IMG_3815.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3817.jpg
    IMG_3817.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_3819.jpg
    IMG_3819.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_3821.JPG
    IMG_3821.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,098
Did you notice any difference in the sound because of the extra mass on the shell?

Due to the time of evening, I haven't played it yet .
Just tapping on it doesn't seem to have done much. The wrap is much
thicker than I thought

Looks awesome! Will the added thickness of the wrap raise the pitch of the drum?

Interesting, and it looks like you did a nice job on it. It's definitely not plain looking anymore.

Just one opinion here, but I like it better the other way.
That's the beauty of a wrap well-done though.
If you get tired of it, you can always revert back.

I haven't played it yet so I'm not sure how it will sound.
I was perusing some you tube vids and saw their ad so I decided to check them out. They have a good deal of variety and will also make a wrap from your photo at no extra charge.

I was tired of the wood look and decided to cover it for now. absolutely no harm to the previous surface.

Looks great. Nice wrap.

Looks like the new Ludwig kits.

Looks excellent, like it came to you that way! Outstanding.

Same guys who did my floor tom wrap. Very happy with it, and your snare looks great.

That looks great. I'm thinking I may wrap my Mapex snare with one of their wraps. Was it easy to work with?
I will offer the following tips. go to their site and watch the how to video. You will have time while it's being shipped. there are a lot of holes to cut out so I tried something else. Using a scapel, exacto knife, I made small holes from the inside out, and then used a small pencil soldering iron and melted out the hole areas from the outside in. Trying to cut those small holes was taking forever. PLEASE USE A VENTILLATED AREA. iT Stinks. Also it will help if you have 4 clamps. I only had 2. But all in all I am happy. The product is not contact paper but thick wrap and should last forever

Thanks Al

After looking at it a few more times, it's starting to grow on me. I like it.

Must be an old-fogey thing - taking time to adapt to change - LOL

After looking at it a few more times, it's starting to grow on me. I like it.

Must be an old-fogey thing - taking time to adapt to change - LOL

Well thanks. I know it's not for everyone, but I didn't do such a hot job on the natural finish so I thought I would liven it up.
Would you like me to mail you an 8 x !0 glossy? lol

Last edited:
Well I put the drum back on the stand behind the kit, tuned it as always and all I can say is, it is loud. Imnot sure what the dynamics of the wrap produce, Andy's Area, but it was always a warmer drum that I tuned lower than some because of its size, but now it is loud.

Thanks for checking it out. I have another project in the wings.

Looks great! Looking forward to the next project that you mention.

Back