Any snare tuning tips for a beginner?

charlyivan

im 15 and iv been drumming for a year, my influences are Metalica,Slipknot,Anthrax and Bullet for my valentine. i can drum to a lot of metallica songs. Could anyone please give me tips on tuning my snare, because in my eyes it sounds worst than lars ulrichs snare on the st anger album. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the drum gear page. There are many tips there to help you solve your problem. For more help you will have to describe the problem that you are having in more detail.

Any tips for a beginner!!!

Yes. Just like a young Jedi knight, you must understand that as a drummer you wield great power. If you fail to use it, the world will suffer. If you abuse it, the world will suffer.

You must learn to listen. You must be what the music asks you to be. No more, no less.

May the Force be with you.

Yes. Just like a young Jedi knight, you must understand that as a drummer you wield great power. If you fail to use it, the world will suffer. If you abuse it, the world will suffer.

You must learn to listen. You must be what the music asks you to be. No more, no less.

May the Force be with you.

NICE! lmao!, Yeah Charliivan, you ll find almost anything you want to know here, just search around a bit!, Use the "force"...

-Get a good teacher
-Listen to all kinds of music all the time
-Concerts

im 15 and iv been drumming for a year, my influences are Metalica,Slipknot,Anthrax and Bullet for my valentine. i can drum to a lot of metallica songs. Could anyone please give me tips on tuning my snare, because in my eyes it sounds worst than lars ulrichs snare on the st anger album. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, charlyivan.

The tuning experiment takes time and patience per tom and snare by loosing/tightening each lug 1/8 - 3/16 of an inch, while hitting at the same time. The resonance/rattling should go away and the sound will be clean and clear on all your drums. Let me know the outcome and that you have achieved success!

Best Regards,

Ian

Back