The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

Is anyone familiar with the BP snare that is included when you purchase a Mapex Pro M series kit?

How does it size up to the rest of the Black Panther line? I couldn't imagine it being on the same level as the other snare at that price.

i got the BP 7 x 12 maple/cherry shell snare with my Pro-M kit -- as pro as you can get. crackin' sound for sure.

here is a pic from another website:

102048.gif

I am going to get a Black Panther 6 1/2 x 14 brass snare and a BP steel snare as a second snare. If I get a 6 1/2 steel would it be diverse enough compared to the brass snare, or should I consider the 5 1/2 steel instead? I want two distint sounds.
Thanks

I am going to get a Black Panther 6 1/2 x 14 brass snare and a BP steel snare as a second snare. If I get a 6 1/2 steel would it be diverse enough compared to the brass snare, or should I consider the 5 1/2 steel instead? I want two distint sounds.
Thanks

Sweet idea, would you be using both at the same time e.g. auxilary snare or would they both be used as main snares in different situations. You could get one hammered to add variety possibly.

I probably wouldn't do that in my situation because you may run the risk of having two awesome snares that sound way to similar.

But then again you can never have to many snares, especially black panthers.

i got the BP 7 x 12 maple/cherry shell snare with my Pro-M kit -- as pro as you can get. crackin' sound for sure.

here is a pic from another website:

102048.gif

it is an awsome snare, and i got it for 270 AUS. very cheap

thanks alot radeq for the link to this amazing thread mate!!
Wow, you guys really own awesome snare drums, just entered the BP "Comunity today...I was playing one 14x5.5" BP Maple...a special edition as far as I know..

here are two pics of it:

Bild051.jpg

Bild042.jpg

.....and I played also on a 10x5.5" Maple BP...it is trad maple or birdseye maple line, I`m not sure...

here is a pic of it:

Bild048.jpg

Unfortunatly they are not mine...mhhh, but one day I WILL buy a BP, I fell in love with those snare drums...

Karl

im looking into a 10" BP snare...can anyone recommend one??a budget...maybe below €200 if you can?

also would a 10" snare shatter glass?hehehehehe....

Hey, as per request, here is my Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 14x3.5:

BPfront.jpg

BPback.jpg

BPstrainer.jpg

BPstand.jpg

I love it to bits and even though its only 3.5" deep, it sounds like a monster! I can only imagine what the deeper models sound like, however I like my snares shallow so I can get the best response and fast feedback form them. Comment and questions welcome.

R

Wow these snares look lovely!
can someone please give me the run-down on the sound variation between the bronze hammered black panther and the straight, unhammered phosphor bronze panther?

Well, what could I say: Oh, I could say again that they sound amazing and the quality is great....haha, and that yours looks amazing, and I love the depth 3.5"...does the shallow shell make the sound more sensitive?

PS: Bronze - My favourite kind of metal! =)

Karl

I got the same snare, highly reccommend it because not only does it sound great but cuts through large rooms like butter. I love it.

Re: THE Black Panther thread! for all BP snare fans and owners....

they are not the same heads , first of all the made in china , second - try and touch remo ambassador made by remo u s a , and touch the heads that come with the snare... you will feel difference.... and the sound too.

so hold on...i can get an even better sound by replacing the stock head that came with it? i think the snare sounds great with the UT remo head (i think UT) with the bp logo on it...but it can still sound better again? wow...any suggestions for 12" heads?

hey i now ive been on this thread a bit now...but can anyone tell me where is a good place to buy BP snares at a good price???

I was looking at a BP 10"x5.5" deep forest walnut snare on Ebay...for about €250(not including P&P),but when i went to buy,the shop doesnt sell to anyone outside the UK...

i was then looking around teh net and came upon "Midwest percussion",and they have the same snare for an even better price,that is: €290 including P&P...but i dont know if they ship internationally....??!!

everywhere else on the net ive been has had prices a lot higher(some german sites have the same snare at €350 excluding P&P,etc.)

so please help me out people!!

if any of you have ordered from "Midwest percussion"(i think its in Illisnois(if IL means that??))

Thanks
sean

I"m finding I like metal snares.

Who here has the Precious Metal (black steel) w/ Black chrome, ....live picture and some sound,.....I'd be looking at a 6.5x14, thanks. The price is right for sure!

Re: THE Black Panther thread! for all BP snare fans and owners....

so hold on...i can get an even better sound by replacing the stock head that came with it? i think the snare sounds great with the UT remo head (i think UT) with the bp logo on it...but it can still sound better again? wow...any suggestions for 12" heads?

anyone help?

Hey gusty, well I can only recommend evans heads (as that is all I use). So maybe a 12" Evans Power Center Reverse Dot or maybe just a plain Genera. I use the PC Reverse dot and it's great. Hope this helps.

R

Hey gusty, well I can only recommend evans heads (as that is all I use). So maybe a 12" Evans Power Center Reverse Dot or maybe just a plain Genera. I use the PC Reverse dot and it's great. Hope this helps.

R

thanks. i was thinking either a power centre reverse dot or controlled sound. probly rather a cs.

Back