Happy Holloween guys! Witch Magic Wizzard Magic...

WaitForItDrummer

Hi guys,
So we have created this arrangement for a Holloween Atrs Coven Project -

http://youtu.be/76nWI70Fwyc

The drumming is actually really simple; it was more about creating a feel and an ambiance...

And this is the first composition / arrangement I've ever create so it was good fun. Hope you like it and any comments welcome.

Kate

Ps: it's a single mic recording so didn't fully pick up the bass drum...

You needed a bigger/nastier cymbal at the end ;) ;) ;)

Loved it, & the bass drum being a touch low in the mix wasn't an issue in terms of atmosphere. I like the simplicity too. More layers would have detracted IMO. Tambourine perhaps a bit of a jolly instrument to include. Maybe something a touch on the sour side next time around.

You needed a bigger/nastier cymbal at the end ;) ;) ;)

Loved it, & the bass drum being a touch low in the mix wasn't an issue in terms of atmosphere. I like the simplicity too. More layers would have detracted IMO. Tambourine perhaps a bit of a jolly instrument to include. Maybe something a touch on the sour side next time around.

Thanks Andy! :)
Thanks for good comments! I agree with need a nastier cymbal at the end! I was thinking that too, but don't currently have a china... Maybe I'll add it to the next drum things to get list...

Haha about tambourine! - it was actually jingle bells... Agree it sounds a bit too jolly. I was going for a 'chains being dragged', sound... What percussion instument would have made a more sour / scary chain sound?

Wonder if there is such a thing as a china-tambourine?

Oh I think it fits the bill rather well. Definitely sounds like spooky music. Good job.

Thanks for good comments! I agree with need a nastier cymbal at the end! I was thinking that too, but don't currently have a china... Maybe I'll add it to the next drum things to get list...

Haha about tambourine! - it was actually jingle bells... Agree it sounds a bit too jolly. I was going for a 'chains being dragged', sound... What percussion instument would have made a more sour / scary chain sound?

Wonder if there is such a thing as a china-tambourine?
Damn those sleigh bells, I thought that was just a jingly tambourine - ah well :(

Sour/scary sound? Hmm, that's a tough one. Perhaps actually dragging chains would work. TBH, never tried that :)

Perhaps actually dragging chains would work. TBH, never tried that :)

How about hanging up a few lengths of chains, like ... oh, what are they calledd, again? - Wind chimes!

It was good, WFID - atmospheric and spooky. Really enjoyed hearing something original and different :)

Oh I think it fits the bill rather well. Definitely sounds like spooky music. Good job.

Damn those sleigh bells, I thought that was just a jingly tambourine - ah well :(

Sour/scary sound? Hmm, that's a tough one. Perhaps actually dragging chains would work. TBH, never tried that :)

How about hanging up a few lengths of chains, like ... oh, what are they calledd, again? - Wind chimes!

It was good, WFID - atmospheric and spooky. Really enjoyed hearing something original and different :)

Thanks for comments, Lefty2 and Madge! :) glad you enjoyed it. we enjoyed making it.

that's a good idea about chains like wind chimes! Haven't got chains either ... But maybe a project for next Halloween!

Good stuff.

Go to your local hardware store or home improvement center or lumberyard. They should have a wide variety of actual chain to choose from. It should be pretty cheap. You probably only need about 2 ft.

Sleigh bells for more than just Christmas carols and bad 80's power pop ballads! Who knew??

Back