Morgan Rose

spyder

can't believe there is no Morgan Rose thread in here. The drummer for Sevendust. One of the best visual drummer out there. Awesome chops!

I always liked him. The new issue of Drum! has a feature on him that I started reading. The guy has been through hell!! Makes me respect him even more because I am know I'm about to enter the same.

is there a link to the article you can pass on?

Morgan is one of my drumming heros. He is a screamer/drummmer (like me), and lays down some of the craziest chops. He is a really nice guy (according to interviews), and has his own unique style!

If i could ever meet him, and even drum with him, it would be a dream come true!

Morgan rocks, and he should get more recenition.

anyone ever see his setup? Looks like his hi-hat is kind of farther away from normal. maybe it's just me lol

I got to meet him last thursday after the sevendust concert here. He is one of my heros now that i heard him play on stage. He is a freakin maniac on the set!

Morgan Rose is freaking awesome! He's one of the best drummers I've ever heard off, and Sevendust is one of my favourite bands.

Anyone tried his new signature stick, Whiplash?

Morgan definately makes my list of favorite drummers. He is friggin awesome to see live! Guy puts on a heck of a show! Gotta support my local guy!

Hey All,

Just a quick note on Morgan Rose and Sevendust. I am currently sweating my ass off over here in Iraq. Sevendust did a show to entertain the troops. Since I work in a hospital, the fellows stopped by to visit the patients. They were some of the most kind and gracious characters I have ever encountered.

Morgan Rose is a class act. Since I am a novice Drummer, Morgan had no problem talking techniques, equipment, styles, all that. I can't express what a cool guy he is. Please tell him thank you for those in Iraq if you get the chance.

John

Definitely one of my favorites! His style is similar to Shannon Larkin's but still unique. He has definitely gotten better over time. Had the oppurtunity to meet him once and was an awesome guy. Just like the rest of the guys in 7dust.

I got to see then during the Home tour in '99 and it blew me away and changed my drumming style forever. Plus he's as real as they come

Morgan is by far one of my most influential drummers, but i can never find more info on him, like how long hes been playing, how he got started, etc. anyone know?

He is awesome. I have his signature snare drum, sounds so amazing. :) I love the look of it, metallic with glow-in-the-dark aliens... Someone awesome has to come up with that, seriously! Here is a pic.

Attachments

• snare.jpg
    snare.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,329
Morgan is by far one of my most influential drummers, but i can never find more info on him, like how long hes been playing, how he got started, etc. anyone know?

I got to meet him once and I asked him that, seriously got to meet him. So how long have you been playing? He replied: Well, Forever.

Think he was a great baseball player too. Grew up in Metuchen, NJ.

Back