NEIL PEART’s New Book, ‘Far And Near: On Days Like These,’ Due October

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
RUSH Drummer NEIL PEART's 'Far And Near: On Days Like These' Book Due In October
August 21, 2014 21

nearandfar.jpg

On October 14, ECW Press will publish "Far And Near: On Days Like These", the new book from RUSH drummer Neil Peart.

A description of the 312-page hardcover reads as follows: "Whether navigating the backroads of Louisiana or Thuringia, exploring the snowy Quebec woods, or performing onstage at RUSH concerts, Neil Peart has stories to tell. His first volume in this series, 'Far And Away', combined words and images to form an intimate, insightful narrative that won many readers. Now 'Far And Near' brings together reflections from another three years of an artist's life as he celebrates seasons, landscapes, and characters, travels roads and trails, receives honors, climbs mountains, composes and performs music. With passionate insight, wry humor, and an adventurous spirit, once again Peart offers a collection of open letters that take readers on the road, behind the scenes, and into the inner workings of an ever-inquisitive mind. These popular stories, originally posted on Peart's website, are now collected and contextualized with a new introduction and conclusion in this beautifully designed collector's volume."

Full story:

Scott K Fish: Life Beyond the Cymbals

Ghost Rider was an amazing book. It doesn't matter if you like or hate Rush, or Neil, as it had the band and drums were barely even mentioned.

Traveling Music was a nice read, as it gets into Neil's thoughts on music, and he actually dives back into his early life.

Roadshow was a slight disappointment, in that the book says he will finally actually discuss Rush, and then he spends the entire book doing just about everything he can to avoid discussing Rush.

Far and Away was just a collection of already published articles. Nice collection I suppose, it after a while, it failed to hold my interest.

I'm not sure what he has left to write about.

I bought Ghost Rider as an audiobook and listened twice to it. Enough said.

I am, as of this writing, about three-quarters through reading Roadshow. I think it's an excellent read. I hate to have to put down my copy and look forward to getting back to reading it.

Very much looking forward to Neil's new book.

Best,
Scott K Fish: Life Beyond the Cymbals

Back