My Brady

Tas

Hi All
I've been watching this forum for a while now, thought it might be time to show my kit.

Brady: Jarrah Ply
18x22 bass
16x16 floor tom
14x14 floor tom
9x12 tom
8x10 tom

Le Soprano: Prima Original 6.5x14 stave maple snare

Craviotto: Timeless Timber 4.5x14 birch monoply snare

Zildjian:
13" A Pocket Hats
13" K hats
6" & 10" A custom splashes
17" K dark thin crash
18" A custom crash
18" oriental china trash
18" oriental classic china
20" K custom ride

Attachments

• 100_0185.jpg
    100_0185.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 100_0191.jpg
    100_0191.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 1,042
Oh man, beautiful kit! Love that red finish, must song amazing as well! Could you take a few close ups of your snares? Would love to see some detail shots of the Soprano. How do those Pocket Hats sound as well? The hammering on them looks wicked.

Thanks Solaris. I'm finding it hard with the lighting in the room to get a photo that shows the best representation of the finish but these next ones are pretty close.
The Le Soprano has a very unique shell construction and is very thin for a stave shell hence the re-rings. The hoops are hand cast from B20 alloy, the same alloy cymbals are made from.
It is my favourite sounding snare in my small collection but i sometimes wonder about its durability.
I have included some closer shots of it but if you want to know more about them their website is www.lesoprano.it/drumset/prima_en.html.

Attachments

• 100_0195.jpg
    100_0195.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 941
  • 100_0199.jpg
    100_0199.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 948
  • 100_0202.jpg
    100_0202.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 986
  • 100_0204.jpg
    100_0204.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 899
  • 100_0206.jpg
    100_0206.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 1,406
  • 100_0208.jpg
    100_0208.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 1,014
Gorgeous kit, beautiful color.

Please forgive me, I know the thread is mostly about your wonderful Brady set, but what really impresses me is the Le Soprano snare ! These drums are really something different, and different from most non-Italian stave drums. Why? Well, because they are much thinner than most stave drums, because inside they are not perfectly round, because the stave are not just glued together. I believe the origin of this construction method, which has been adopted by other Italian manufacturer, were the Tamburo Original sets: but it is true that Le Soprano added its own style with the "free floating" system and with its unique brass hardware.

Anyway, lucky you!

P.S.: some times ago there was a thread regarding a Le Soprano set, and I also wrote a few lines on these incredible drums: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32069&highlight=Le+Soprano

You have some top-notch gear there, congratulations. Brady drums are awesome and they genuinely sound unique. Both your snare drums are beautiful instruments. I have to ask, do you own a Brady snare? (A 12 x 7 sheoak or wandoo block would compliment the pair you have.) Love your cymbals too. You have very good taste! Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful kit you have there. I'm loving that pretty red finish and the brass parts on that snare. That things looks like it was my by a master furniture maker who dabbled in drums. I'll bet it sounds like a million bucks too.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Dave from Perth Re: My Brady
You have some top-notch gear there, congratulations. Brady drums are awesome and they genuinely sound unique. Both your snare drums are beautiful instruments. I have to ask, do you own a Brady snare? (A 12 x 7 sheoak or wandoo block would compliment the pair you have.) Love your cymbals too. You have very good taste! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your kind words. I own a 5.5x14 Jarrah block snare. A 12x7 Wandoo is on my wish list but so is every snare in your very impressive collection, I'm extremely jealous.

Thud Re: My Brady
Wow that's a nice kit. Is that the flux capacitor mounted on the back of the seat?

It's a Butt Kicker bass transducer I use sometimes for monitoring. it works surprisingly well but I hate carrying around the amp required to drive it (and the weird looks i get trying to explain what it is.)

sacco Re: My Brady
These drums are really something different, and different from most non-Italian stave drums. Why? Well, because they are much thinner than most stave drums, because inside they are not perfectly round, because the stave are not just glued together. I believe the origin of this construction method, which has been adopted by other Italian manufacturer, were the Tamburo Original sets: but it is true that Le Soprano added its own style with the "free floating" system and with its unique brass hardware.

I was not familiar with Tamburo but after looking them up i was surprised at how similar in design they are.
The 'free floating' system isn't really that free floating compared to say the Sleishman system and in fact the shell is made up of three pieces, but for whatever reason the design just works and the drum sounds great.

Quote:

Thank you for your kind words. I own a 5.5x14 Jarrah block snare. A 12x7 Wandoo is on my wish list but so is every snare in your very impressive collection, I'm extremely jealous.

You are very welcome. And thank you, sir, for your kind words about my DW collection. The collection is a real indulgence for me that I have enjoyed building up over the years. I have some other wonderful snare drums too:- a smallish group of rare Craviottos and some beautiful, handcrafted Fidock drums that are made here, in Australia. If you appreciate top-end stuff (I know you do), check them out at:

http://www.fidockdrums.com/

My "working" snare is a Brady jarrah ply 14 x 5.5 that has given me over 15 years good and reliable service. It's an amazing snare drum. Some time soon I'll be looking to replace my kit, more than likely with a Brady. The decision is whether to go for jarrah or spotted gum...Thanks again and I hope you enjoy many hours of fun behind your beautiful kit.

Quote:

My "working" snare is a Brady jarrah ply 14 x 5.5 that has given me over 15 years good and reliable service. It's an amazing snare drum. Some time soon I'll be looking to replace my kit, more than likely with a Brady. The decision is whether to go for jarrah or spotted gum...

You're welcome to come visit the workshop and check out both the Jarrah & Spotted Gum kits. Just drop me an email to tee it up!

:) Kelly

Back