My kit and jam room

robertondrums

Check out my kit and jam studio which is actually located in my bedroom which is fully sound proof. I have already posted these pics on this site but accidently on the wrong part so if you've already seen them my appolagise. The kit took me five years to build up and I'm very proud of it. I'm still adding to it despite the lack of room. I may have to move the kit forward a bit in the futer. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

RIMG1733.jpg

RIMG1737.jpg

RIMG1744.jpg

RIMG1746.jpg

Do you jump in from the top or crawl through the bass drum??

I'd be proud of that too. That's just awesome man. Nice work!
I second Gruntersdad haha.
And where is your ride? :S

Looks like it would be a little cramped for me...

Nice setup, and congrats on the soundproofing! I, too, am interested in how you get behind and out from behind your kit. I speculate that when you put in your soundproofing, you also installed some handles on the ceiling.

Looks sweet man, but may I ask how you made the room soundproof?.....I have attempted soundproofing my drum room, but some sound still bleads through.

very nice.

I have to ask, so you live with your parents and soundproofed you bedroom?
Yes I do live with my parents. They are really cool and love to listen to me play. The soundproofing was done not on behalf of my parents but on behalf of my neighbors because we used to play in the loft but the sound outside was too much so we moved down into my room.
Robertondrums

Do you jump in from the top or crawl through the bass drum??
Actually I have a trampaleen just of the photo were I do a run and jump. Herts like hell if I miss my kit though. Hahaha, Ye, that would be cool. The room is considerably bigger in real life and on the left of the kit is were I enter between the ride. There is actually plenty of room to swing your arms although it doesn't look like it.
Robertondrums

Maybe there is a trap door by the throne? At any rate...an exceptional kit, nice job and the cymbals are sweet as well. Throw down some sound for us to see ;)

Ye I'm thinking of doing that with a recording device we have called a H4. I will just have to figure out were to put the clip on this site. I'm not quite used to it yet. Can you put sound clips on this site?
Robertondrums

Ye I'm thinking of doing that with a recording device we have called a H4. I will just have to figure out were to put the clip on this site. I'm not quite used to it yet. Can you put sound clips on this site?
Robertondrums

you should rent a domain. I've got one for my band website. Hardly anyone ever sees it but it's good for putting files like pictures and songs on to show people on forums. I too am thinking of getting into the soundproofing game but i'll have to get some money first. If i end up going to bradford university maybe i'll just come round to your place to practice :p

Actually I have a trampaleen just of the photo were I do a run and jump. Herts like hell if I miss my kit though. Hahaha, Ye, that would be cool. The room is considerably bigger in real life and on the left of the kit is were I enter between the ride. There is actually plenty of room to swing your arms although it doesn't look like it.
Robertondrums

You must be able to fit your stack-of-dimes legs between the wall and ride, but as for me at my size: no dice.

I'm glad it's roomier than it looks, because it seems difficult to get both hands in position to play on the aux snare.

Although it's killer that you get to jam in the "comfort" of your own room and equally impressive that your 'rents are cool with the noise. Let's see some specs, too.

Robertondrums

Very nice. What did you polish your cymbals with? They look nice. All my A Customs are covered in fingerprints....

Very nice. What did you polish your cymbals with? They look nice. All my A Customs are covered in fingerprints....
Actually I had only just polished them before the pics were taken. I used this cymbal cleaner that I bought from a drum shop called Shearers it's there own stuff. Works rather well.
Robertondrums

You must be able to fit your stack-of-dimes legs between the wall and ride, but as for me at my size: no dice.

I'm glad it's roomier than it looks, because it seems difficult to get both hands in position to play on the aux snare.

Although it's killer that you get to jam in the "comfort" of your own room and equally impressive that your 'rents are cool with the noise. Let's see some specs, too.
Ye it's pritty dambed cool been able to play in my own room as well as having cool parents that appreciate the music we play. They have always supported us. The aux is actually easy to get to with both hands. You see the window ledge is lower than what my elbow is so when I play the aux snare my arm is actually inside the window frame about 2 to 3 inch away from the faom. Plenty of room to swing my arms without been cramped. I play a lot in traditional grip so the angle of my hand and the stick slots in nicely into the space.
Robertondrums.

Ye it's pritty dambed cool been able to play in my own room as well as having cool parents that appreciate the music we play. They have always supported us. The aux is actually easy to get to with both hands. You see the window ledge is lower than what my elbow is so when I play the aux snare my arm is actually inside the window frame about 2 to 3 inch away from the faom. Plenty of room to swing my arms without been cramped. I play a lot in traditional grip so the angle of my hand and the stick slots in nicely into the space.
Robertondrums.

Excellent on all counts. There is nothing quite as comforting as someone who supports one's drum habit.

Back