Ludwig Vistalite Restoration....DONE

The Fossil

The Vistas are done. Here's before and after pics. New heads: EVANS EC2's over Resonant Clears on the toms, EVANS EQ3 batter with Ludwig Weather Master Heavy on the kick, and REMO Emperor X over Ambassador Reso on the 402 Supra snare.
New extras: Speed King pedal and Ching Ring on the hats.

Attachments

• As I first saw them 1 (Small).JPG
    As I first saw them 1 (Small).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,007
  • As I first saw them 2 (Small).JPG
    As I first saw them 2 (Small).JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Left Front (Small).JPG
    Left Front (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 984
  • Right Front (Small).JPG
    Right Front (Small).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 967
  • HPIM0799 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0799 (Small).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 936
  • HPIM0800 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0800 (Small).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • HPIM0801 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0801 (Small).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,051
  • HPIM0802 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0802 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 943
  • HPIM0803 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0803 (Small).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 972
  • HPIM0804 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0804 (Small).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 908
BEAUTIFUL!
great job!
sound clips? :p

Last edited:
Thats really cool man. Ive never really been too into acrylics, but it doesnt take away from its bad-ass-ness.

Damn, I remember when I was a kid and became aware of the Luddy Vistalites and HOW BADLY I wanted either the light blue or clear kit! You did a fine job on this kit it looks amazing! Thanks for the memories. How does she play?

Thats a sweet lookin kit. Nice job cleaning them up. Could you list the sizes? it looks like a 24" Bass Drum. Was the other floor tom added.? or was it original to the kit

Excellent clean-up job. I like low-rider floor toms, so I flip my Luddie's 180 degree, to get them lower. On a Tequila Sunrise kit, that would also put the grenadine in the proper location. Do the same with the rack tom to match. Just a thought, to make your kit an "even more original"

Thats a sweet lookin kit. Nice job cleaning them up. Could you list the sizes? it looks like a 24" Bass Drum. Was the other floor tom added.? or was it original to the kit

It's The Pro Beat configuration. That setup came with the following sizes:

14x5 matching snare,(it's in the "Before" pics) I restored it also, amd after a Ludwig Rep. told me how much it was worth due to it's rarity, I won't be using it on a regular basis.

13x9 and 14x10 mounted toms, (the 13 is also retired right now)

16x16 and 18x16 floor toms.

24x14 bass

All the drums are original to the kit.

awesome job man!

did you just buy new hoops and lugs for the reso side? or are they off ebay or something?

it looks great!

i officially want them now.

lol

Alex

I ordered new replacement parts from Ludwig through 2 different music stores in my area.

Awesome man, very very nice job. Classy move going 1 up, 2 down as well keeping that 14" on a snare stand. and the addition of that 6.5" 402 snare completes the deal, looks sweet. Congrats.

Those look great. Nice restoration job! What kind of cymbals are you using currently?

All Zildjians:

14" Mastersound hats
16" A Custom Thin Crash
18" A Custom Thin Crash
18" ZHT Rock Crash
18" Oriental "Trash" China
21" Z Custom Mega Bell Ride

Back