It's been a while (agop signature ooh)

Jazz

I haven't been on here in a long time so I figured I'd post. I am currently at the University of Michigan (undeclared) but I'm in a jazz combo which is part of the school of music.
I just saw Wayne Shorter Quarter with the Imani Winds, which was the most amazing concert of my life! And, I just picked up an Istanbul Agop 21" Signature Ride (1871g) :eek:

Sorry the pics are just from my webcam but you can find better ones at cymbalonly.com

I haven't really got to lay into it yet. But from just playing it in my dorm- really dark, earthy, mallet rolls are amazing, pretty good stick -more than you'd expect from a thinner cymbal, very light lathing
also this cymbal is dirty (not the sound), I picked it up and my hand turned all grey haha
-definitely a work of art, very beautiful

Attachments

• Photo 12.jpg
    Photo 12.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 471
  • Photo 13.jpg
    Photo 13.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 460
I feel what you`re saying. =)
I just got my 22" Agop Signature, here`s my thread in case you`re interested in seeing it:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42038

Yours is a real light 21", I imagine what it`s like at the moment. Definitly a work of art, I love the mellow tone and the overall natural vibe, especially in a small acoustic Jazz setting those light Signatures do an incredible job.

Good luck with university and have fun playing this beauty! Great choice, Tony does a brilliant job, too.

Karl

Welcome to the happy green label Agop Signature club Jazz. Yes truly amazing the stick quality even in the real thin ride Sig samples. The various cymbals in the whole Sig series I own are true works of bronze art in more ways than one. Enjoy!

P.S. Don't forget to join the Istanbul Agop Cymbals social group if you wish.

Oh man- Just played it today with the guys. It's ridiculous! haha it sounds like the voice of god

I need more- it's like crack

Oh man- Just played it today with the guys. It's ridiculous! haha it sounds like the voice of god

I need more- it's like crack

Here's some pictures of some more from my whole Agop green label collection to further wet your appetite Jazz. Told you I had it bad :}

16" Sig crash 888g
18" Sig crash 1416g
18" Sig china 1360g
22" Sig ride 2210g

Not pictured my 14" Sig hats 1025g top 1200g bottom

Attachments

• 16 Agop Sig crash {front}.jpg
    16 Agop Sig crash {front}.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 18 Agop Sig crash {front}.jpg
    18 Agop Sig crash {front}.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 227