New Brady, Finally

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
Here are a few pics of the new Brady Snare. 4.5X14 Marri Ply in the Blackheart finish. I have pics of Chris Brady's Autograph on the inside shell, but have to try and post them later as the disc won't open. These pics were in the studio over the weekend, 2 weeks ago. and there is also a quick pic of the 6.5X14 Jarrah in wandoo burl included. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Brady.jpg
    Brady.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 517
  • Playing Brady.jpg
    Playing Brady.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 506
  • 2 Bradys.jpg
    2 Bradys.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 499
More Pics of both snares, in one I have a closeup of Chris Brady's Autograph, and also where he named my snare, "Pete's Punisher"

Attachments

• Brady 2.jpg
    Brady 2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 486
  • Bradys.jpg
    Bradys.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 484
  • Chris autograph.jpg
    Chris autograph.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Jarrah.jpg
    Jarrah.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 484
Awesome pics! I'm glad Chris has taken his rightful place again with the company. They had a couple of dark years there.... now they are back to building some of the best drums around again.

Wales is just a quick boat ride due East of Maine. Go for it.

Amen to that.........was some fearful days for awhile.

Yes, I had talked with Kelly quite a few times through that period. I am so glad that Brady is back in the proper hands. Killer snare brother, congrats on the nice purchase. Of course you had to change your avatar... lol.

Wow, what a beautiful snare drum!
The sizw is nice and these pics in the first post look excellent. Though I don`t think they can do justice... =)

How have you tuned it?

Great gear!

Karl

Thanks man, Actually Chris tuned it before shipping it, and it came out of the box sounding amazing. All I did was tighten the snare wires a turn or 2. But it has a mid range punch that is unsurpassed (The higher end of mid range) with incredible sensitivity. Is the finest snare I think I've yet played, Next to the 6.5 that I have.

Congratulations on your purchase. It's a beautiful drum and I bet it sounds as special as it looks.

How many plies does Chris use when he makes snare shells out of marri? I think Chris uses 9 plies when making jarrah snare shells - your photo suggests this isn't the case for marri, which probably has a different density, so, please tell us: how does the marri sound differ from the jarrah sound?

you're right the Marri is also 9 ply. and is a little brighter sounding, still has all the mid range tone, but projects a little more it seems. I'm sure the depth adds to that as well.

Back