SnareDrum Transformation

Today I ordered the Bubinga Fade wrap for my 18 x 16 bass drum conversion.
I like what's happening here, even though I absolutely hate the idea of wood grain/figure printed wrap personally. You're doing some good work Grunt, & certainly easier/more practical/cheaper than going the veneer route. Actually, veneers are really quite inexpensive, but getting a gloss finish is a ton of work, especially without professional facilities.

Man that Bubinga fade is absolutely gorgeous. Gonna make a really beautiful kit. Is this going to be a bop kit with just a couple of toms? How long does it take you to accomplish this task?I'd like to try it but it looks a bit intimidating. I have an old Ludwig kit from the 60's that was one of my first kits-it's in bad shape being shuffled to other family members and stored at a beach house for some years too. This would be just the ticket.

I like what's happening here, even though I absolutely hate the idea of wood grain/figure printed wrap personally. You're doing some good work Grunt, & certainly easier/more practical/cheaper than going the veneer route. Actually, veneers are really quite inexpensive, but getting a gloss finish is a ton of work, especially without professional facilities.

Andy the other thing is, veneers are permanent. This is held on by on strip of tape and the hardware. If I wish a change, which is what I am doing as I am sick of looking at the Yellow and black striped bumble bee set, I can order anything else. I am doing an 18 x 16 bass drum this weekend to go with the snare, and from there who knows. My heart says GURU, my wallet says Bumwrap.

That Bubinga fade is awesome! Not digging the steambent maple wrap, though.

Might have to check out these guy's wraps!

The White Macassar isn't for everyone. But again the cool part is that I can change it at anytime with another 30.00. It will go good with my next Cherry Poppin Daddies gig.

Man that Bubinga fade is absolutely gorgeous. Gonna make a really beautiful kit. Is this going to be a bop kit with just a couple of toms? How long does it take you to accomplish this task?I'd like to try it but it looks a bit intimidating. I have an old Ludwig kit from the 60's that was one of my first kits-it's in bad shape being shuffled to other family members and stored at a beach house for some years too. This would be just the ticket.

this will be the same bop kit that was the BumbleBee Bop Kit. 18 x 16, 12 x 9, 13 x10 floor, and this snare. From start to finish about three hours. A little less for the second one.
Price...snare 30.00
Bass....50.00
Toms...40 bucks each
Four peices....120.00

Where do you see the wraps on their site? I must be looking in the wrong place, cause there's nothing drum-related anywhere that I see! :p

Inspired by Grunt's work, I went and did one of my own. I got the birds-eye-maple-fade and put it on my DrumCraft Aluminum snare. I like the end result. Thanks Grunt for turning us on to this!

Attachments

• CAM00047.jpg
    CAM00047.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 338
  • CAM00050.jpg
    CAM00050.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 335
  • CAM00051.jpg
    CAM00051.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 341
  • CAM00056.jpg
    CAM00056.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 339
  • CAM00058.jpg
    CAM00058.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 348
That metal snare looks great Tril!

Bumwrap's wraps look great but i'm having trouble with them completing an order, almost three weeks for something that was to be delivered in 3-7 days. Always happens to me!

Did you call them. Send them a copy of your confirmation mail.

That's just it. Confirmation tracking will not track (us postal tracking is a real joke) they promised to send out another last week. Nothing has shown up. Said i should have received tracking number but never did. They are currently researching. Just when i thought i had a good source.....oh well.

they have been busy. I got an email saying so last week. My bass drum wrap shipped yesterday. We'll see how long it takes. I'm in Florida and they are in Maryland and like you say the usps tracking is hit or miss. Keep on them. tell them they have 3 or 4 new customers from this forum alone.

they have been busy. I got an email saying so last week. My bass drum wrap shipped yesterday. We'll see how long it takes. I'm in Florida and they are in Maryland and like you say the usps tracking is hit or miss. Keep on them. tell them they have 3 or 4 new customers from this forum alone.

I'm also in Florida, Orlando to be exact, I got my wrap in 4 days. Hope you guys get yours soon.

Murray is busy but he's trying to make it right! It's a postal problem.

Very good. ................. Mine passed through Tampa on its way south. Hopefully tomorrow or saturday so I can do the bass drum this weekend

Last edited:

Hey Muckster, my folks live in Maryland and getting anything via USPS generally takes a couple of weeks from there. Not really sure why. That is a little strange about the tracking number though.

Back