DW 14x8 Steel Snare GC exclusive

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Checking out the GC black friday mailer I saw this snare is on sale. I know the normal performance series drums are USA made. Is this Steel Snare Performance snare also USA? Or is it an imported shell assembled here? Anyone played one?

Anyway I'm contemplating getting it for 300ish bucks a 14x8 metal shelled snare seems like something I need.

I was wondering if they'd do the 15% off the 329 or if they consider 329 a sale? hmm. If they don't offer the 15% off I've been eyeing the 14x8 ludwig BM or Steel with the die cast hoops for almost the same price. I know the luddies are taiwan made though. Decisions Decisons.

and LOL at one of kind on ebay!

I played one a little at GC and really liked it, great depth attack nice rim shots nice ring. Just go ahead and get it, you do need it, lol

I got that flyer too and I believe they were $329 regular price, not just a black friday deal. and look at this guy selling on CL "extremely rare, one of a kind" lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barely-used...052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c042e90c

As for where its made I dont know.

I have a 8 x 14 BM and would prefer it over that DW any day but thats just me, I did like the sound of the DW though just not more than my Ludwig BM

I have a 8 x 14 BM and would prefer it over that DW any day but thats just me, I did like the sound of the DW though just not more than my Ludwig BM

I can't think of any other non custom 8" deep brass drums like the 14x8 BM. I had and sold a 13x7 BM because it just didn't feel right. I need my snare to be atleast a 14 or 15. uhhg now I want them all! Do you have any recording with your BM? I've only heard low quality youtube ones and I can't find one in person.

Or I could go 1980's with something even bigger like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-PREM...aultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c7f6569#ht_500wt_922

I jammed on one at my local GC. Would have bought it too if I didn't already have a 14x6.5 steel Collectors.

I checked one out at my local GC. The drum is loud and heavy. I liked it, just too much drum for my current needs. The mini turrets and mag throw-off are nice additions too.

KGrHqYOKjwE5v--4v4IBOcU4Cw60_3.jpg

No it doesn't. Nobody "needs" one of these.

If you're looking for an 8" deep snare, you are probably looking for more tone or "body" from the drum. In that case, I would reinforce the BM argument as the better choice.

LOL I already have a 14x10 Ludwig 70's Stainless Steel Snare I swap between using as a tom and a snare. I want to get something so I can use that as a tom full time on my steel kit. I like to run really deep snares cranked up. I figure a 14x8 will fit in with my 24/14/18 set up.

Back